Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dsc1

Established Poster
    Blog Entries

dsc1

I am on with the revision reading the book a couple hours a week and watching sections on on dvd couple of times a week only thong im worried about os the shooting side of the test

Practice, find comfortable positions,dry firing is particularly useful.atb Tim

On my DSC 1 shooting assessment the Course instructors were more than happy to give lots of help with using sticks etc and also firearms handling for the inexperienced members of the course.

​Adam

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    I dont have a rifle yet to practice with

Quote Originally Posted by bigadam View Post

I didnt have a rifle when i did mine mate. Granted i did have a friend that did and being in the military i do have firearms experience. Im sure there would be someone on here that would be willing to help. Even if it was just putting holes in some paper.

​Adam

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    I am hopeing to use a freinds

When I did my DSC I used one of the rifles provided as did several others. Some had issues some didn't. We were allowed practice before the test and my first group were inside the target so I passed that part OK. Moving to the deer target I pulled one shot and had a second attempt. Without being disrespectful I did not like the loan rifle at all, I thought it was light and the grip seemed small however I relaxed and concentrated on the target and let my trigger finger pull and make the shot. theres no point thinking about the trigger when you should be concentrating on the target. if you feel tense, stop relax your grip, look away and then start again its not a timed exercise and the target is not pointing a gun at you so no need to rush. Watching others it seemed to me that getting tense and rushing were the problems.

Practice with a broom handle with a toilet roll on top and talk yourself through it.

But then what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by bigadam View Post
    Get an air rifle, set up a 1" target at around 25m and consistently land 3 shot groups on it. atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Get an air rifle, set up a 1" target at around 25m and consistently land 3 shot groups on it. atb Tim
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Better than a broom handle