Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lookin for books

lookin for books

Hi again all im just wondering if any fellow stalkers have got any books on stalking & all species of deer, that they no longer need & would like to pass down. I am after one called PRACTICAL DEER STALKING. If any one can help with any books i wood be very greatful. I of course don't mind paying. Just struggle in a bit with the cost of new books. thanks

try amazon ,they sell off some damaged copies ,ie no dust cover , look up the book then go to the small new and used header underneath the title.got quite a few books this way ,some posted from the usa no problem

That is one of GK Whiteheads books and is very good. Look on Abebooks.co.uk JC

Bloody evil bay wood'nt allow me to log on the other day lost out on a couple of good books. Will have a look on amazon cheers chaps

Weeman, there are nine copies of Practical Deer Stalking ranging from £7 to £40 on the first page alone of Whitehead books on AbeBooks as of two minutes ago! How many do you need! JC

Cheer's J-C bought a book yesterday will look on there in the future.

Library?

Weeman, get the ISBN number:
    ISBN-10: 009466840X
    ISBN-13: 978-0094668409
    You can normally get this from Amazon if you click on a particular book (taht's what I just did to get these! )
    Depending on whether you want hard or soft copy. Take it to the library and they can normally get the book in for you from another library. If it is not available they will even buy it!

Cheers Monkey will certainly look into that,
    I'm just trying to get together few book's to have a little collectoin for myself, but with the price of new one's it will be a long time coming, you do see one's time to time in good condition second hand but my P-C skill's let me down in the time it takes for me to buy them. I live in the dark ages even thou i'm still young

Quote Originally Posted by weeman
    Bloody evil bay wood'nt allow me to log on the other day lost out on a couple of good books. Will have a look on amazon cheers chaps
    Weeman, you should also try using an 'Auction Sniper' like this one:
    https://www.bidnip.com
    Ever wondered why you keep getting outbid with about 5 seconds to go on an auction? It's cos someone like me has shafted you electronically! You don't even need your PC on. Set it up and let it run whilst you are out stalking!

Will definetly look into that I need to move on with the future big time.
    I always wondered why how it was happening so fast of getting gazumped.
    Cheers Monkey Spanker That's why this site has a good name with every one helping each other.