Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Moray, NE Scotland

Hello from Moray, NE Scotland

Good Morning Shooters, my name is Stu and im a 40 year old air rifle enthusiast. I have recently moved back to Scotland after serving 22 years as a submariner in the Royal Navy down in Plymouth, Devon.
    I have been shooting air rifles for 25 years on and off and ive been hunting small game for the last 10 years and enjoy it very much. I presently own a Hatsan AT44-10 and aWeihrauch 97KT. Im currently seeking permissions in my local area which im sure everyone knows can take time and patience.

Thanks for having me on the forum, i hope to contibute where i can.

Welcome to SD.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Welcome aboard!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Hi Gunnysonics, stay with SD and you will soon be speaking 243 and 308 fluently, then you will find yourself on a DSC1, have your FAC in hand and be creeping around the countryside in the twilight. The perfect antidote to 22 years under the sea. Enjoy, as they say.

Bertie Le blanc from somewhere mid Atlantic

Wecome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie Leblanc View Post
    Hi Gunnysonics, stay with SD and you will soon be speaking 243 and 308 fluently, then you will find yourself on a DSC1, have your FAC in hand and be creeping around the countryside in the twilight. The perfect antidote to 22 years under the sea. Enjoy, as they say.

Bertie Le blanc from somewhere mid Atlantic
    i would love to step up to a 243 after 25 years of .22 rifles, i hope to meet some hunters in my area and hopefully natural progression will lead me to getting my FAC in time.

You could go along to the BDS range days at Cawdor. You will get to meet a few people and see different calibres in action before making a choice. Their range days will be advertised in the main BDS website under Highland Branch.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome on board ,the more the merrier

Hi there ! Lovely part of the world you've made home ! As an ex-submariner, will you end up in the offshore/susbsea industry ?

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses