Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good man.

A good man.

Many years ago, I qualified as a Police Sniper. We completed the full RM Sniper course and I can say, without hesitation, that it was the toughest course that I ever completed.

To this day, it is the only certificate that adorns the walls in my house...all others have long since been binned.

The gentleman who instructed and mentored me throughout the course was a Constable Peter James Leach.

'Leachy' would never discuss his role in the Falklands war, but the rumours were rife.

Today I found out that he had to sell his medals.

To those who can be arsed to read the link all the way to the bottom, you will gain an insight into the bravest, hardest, funniest bloke I ever had the pleasure to work with.

Cheers Pete, I owe you one.

http://www.spink.com/lot-description.aspx?id=12002445

The guy is a legend
    if you get chance google KD TEX BANWELL obituary daily telegraph 23 august 1999

I doff my cap to that man. Not enough praise is given to such men and does anyone think how this country looks after our heroes is abominable. If the poor 16year olds in the First world war would have been able to see into the countries future would they have gone over the top into no mans land to there deaths.

+1 it's a disgrace what we have come to so sad!
    Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    I doff my cap to that man. Not enough praise is given to such men and does anyone think how this country looks after our heroes is abominable. If the poor 16year olds in the First world war would have been able to see into the countries future would they have gone over the top into no mans land to there deaths.

Full respect to the man sounds like an amazing fellow , terribly sad he's had to sell his medals

Quote Originally Posted by Deako View Post
    Many years ago, I qualified as a Police Sniper. We completed the full RM Sniper course and I can say, without hesitation, that it was the toughest course that I ever completed.

So how come Mark always says you can't shoot for s**t then?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

It is a sad state of affairs for sure, The way that this country treats their hero's is a joke.
    I worked with one of the Marines mentioned in the story (Steve Parsons) for a number of years Steve and I worked together offshore and it was always very interesting when he shared a story or two. Spent many a stormy night offshore listening to all sorts of shananagins, they used to get up to all sorts of mischief!!!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    So how come Mark always says you can't shoot for s**t then?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Full respect to the man sounds like an amazing fellow , terribly sad he's had to sell his medals
    Agreed, extremely sad.

A very interesting read though.