How much time do you spend in a high seat?

I usually stay in the high seat till I wake up. Don't know what it is about them but after a days work I get the zeds after about one minute sat down in one. Usually wake up when the owls start to screech. If I don't climb the seat I can mooch around for hours.

Pro's of high seats- 'viewing and/or snoozing'.
Con's of highseat ' if you're snoozing and the dog is viewing then it can't poke you in the eye to wake you up'
If I am out for a full day I'd rather take a kip in a sunny seat at midday then try and get comfortable in the car.

Seriously though movement or noise in a high seat does not necessarily go unnoticed by deer, and getting to and into a seat can require good fieldcraft.
Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that if you're in a seat you're not on the ground fouling it with your scent and possibly changing the behaviour of your deer on a permanent basis.
Ion

Last edited:
Clearly there are a lot of variables to take in to account, but its interesting to see how some people combine a high seat in with a stalk or in some cases a nap!

A freind from Sweden one told me he had spent 16 hours , waiting for an Elk in a high seat . Can any one beat that !

Chill

Not as much time as I spend on the naughty step, harsh my wife :eek:

Same as some others soon as I sit in one become a noddy dog,blame the British army,never stand when you can sit,never sit when you can lay down,never be awake when you can sleep.

Back