Thread: New stock?

New stock?

Can anyone suggest where I might find a l/h stock. I'm looking for a target/tactical stock either synthetic or laminate to fit a Remmy 700 style action and no.5 contour barrel. Don't want the six month wait for US delivery if possible.

have you tried rimfire magic at barnsley, dont be put off by the name they have lots of remmy 700 stuff. good website as well.

Google Staffordshire Synthetic Stocks

I was in sportsman gun centre in exeter about 2 weeks ago and i asked about thumbhole stocks for my T3, they said you cant get one.Pitty you don't have a remmy 700 as they pulled out a fully adjustable thumbhole style stock. Might be worth a call.
    As stand buck says Staffa Stocks are worth a phone call, they can make what you want.
    Jonathon

Would give Roger a ring at Rimfire Magic He is a top bloke still big into his shooting.
    Was up there the other week they had loads of Bell and Carlson stocks in boxes. They are big into 22lr, but also getting a good name for the remy 700 stuff they are doing. Am looking at getting a 700 in 308 in the near future will definatly be buying from them, just nice to deal with people that know what they are talking about and are passionate about shooting.

You'll need to be quite persistent to get through to Roger on the phone, it's permanently engaged: he's very chatty! Apart from which the phone only gets answered on certain days of the week.

You can email him, he will get back to you, though it can be a bit of a delay...

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint
    I was in sportsman gun centre in exeter about 2 weeks ago and i asked about thumbhole stocks for my T3, they said you cant get one.Pitty you don't have a remmy 700 as they pulled out a fully adjustable thumbhole style stock. Might be worth a call.
    As stand buck says Staffa Stocks are worth a phone call, they can make what you want.
    Jonathon
    SSS do thumbhole stocks for Tikka's including the T3.

Thanks everyone. I have spoken to SSS and have arranged to visit them in the near future. I will try to contact Rimfire magic also.