Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: south yorks

south yorks

Just opened the mail to discover a form from s/y police who & I quote are currently undertaking an audit of all firearms and shotguns held within south Yorkshire and would appreciate my co-operation with this and would be grateful if I would complete the table below with the details of firearms or shotguns I currently possess and return this information in the enclosed prepaid envelope ????.
    Along with a survey form rating your experiences with the said f/arms dep't and another prepaid envelope.
    Anyone else received the same ?.
    Last edited by snowy; 11-05-2013 at 12:42. Reason: grammar
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Hi mate,

ive not heard anything of this - I'd give Sheffield a call if I was you, I got something through in the post a couple of months back about officers making calls to residents to check security. I called Sheffield and explained - they asked for the letter, called me back a few days later and said it was a fake!!!!

T

Not heard anything myself, but regarding their service I would say it has been well above my expectations.

Was wondering if it was some sort of scam as I've spoken to quite a few local lads and up to now no one else has received anything although it does look official and correct.

Not heard anything myself, but regarding their service I would say it has been well above my expectations.
    How recent are you talking as a few months previous it took them 12 to 14 weeks for a variation for a mod for myself.

I have not heard of this, neither have any of my mates.

Why would they need to do an audit when all firearms are listed on FAC & Shotgun certs.

Wat is the purpose of this form?? Surely they have all your info on file? I'd be very dubious about filling it in

not had anything through post but if I did the service one would cost a pretty penny too send back!!!
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie Dastard View Post
    I have not heard of this, neither have any of my mates.

Why would they need to do an audit when all firearms are listed on FAC & Shotgun certs.
    These are my thoughts also and I'm filling nothing in until I've spoken to someone within the f/arms licencing. If they've somehow lost my info fair enough but reckoning to be auditing all f/arms within south Yorks appears a load of old cobblers when no one else seems to have been contacted.

I had a similar one bud just asking when I'm not usually in and where I keep my cabinet keys. Thought there was something a little fishy about it as the letter was headed with. " Souf Yorksher Polise".