anyone with a thread guage care to measure the thread pitch on their press handle?

bewsher500

I need to know what the RCBS and Lee Press handle pitch and size is. The ball end not the press end
Don't have a Lee anymore and can't match anything I have to the RCBS Rockchucker handle

​anyone?

That only solves the brand I have
Was just hoping someone might have the two pieces on the same bench

If you cannot get a handle or if too expensive to get one made... try this and mould it on to the press handle...
The bay auction site Item number:170701279820
David

well my best efforts with a caliper is 5/8" but am still not sure as I can't find a 14 tpi version of that either!

The ball end not the press end
I may be misunderstanding this, I have 3 Lee presses, a Load Master progressive, A Classic Cast 4 hole turret and a Classic Cast Breech Lock, none of these have a threaded handle, the wood ball simply presses onto a tapered shaft.

I may be misunderstanding this, I have 3 Lee presses, a Load Master progressive, A Classic Cast 4 hole turret and a Classic Cast Breech Lock, none of these have a threaded handle, the wood ball simply presses onto a tapered shaft.

Same with Redding Big Boss 2, and the Lyman that preceded it.

Neil. :)

well my best efforts with a caliper is 5/8" but am still not sure as I can't find a 14 tpi version of that either!

So take a wooden ball, drill a hole slightly undersized, wax the threads on the handle, and screw it on by hand. Or drill it oversized, wax the threads on the press handle, and set it into the hole in the ball with some epoxy resin in place. Unscrew when dry...

Or come over to my house and pick up the tap you need! :D~Muir

So take a wooden ball, drill a hole slightly undersized, wax the threads on the handle, and screw it on by hand. Or drill it oversized, wax the threads on the press handle, and set it into the hole in the ball with some epoxy resin in place. Unscrew when dry...

Or come over to my house and pick up the tap you need! :D~Muir
Come on Andy!, out with it!, what tap size????:D

Back