all legal quarry

wboulter

dont know if this as been covered before sorry if as just put in for a one for one and it`s the same old thing the reason you want it and what it will be used for, in stead the usual deer / fox / vermin i`ve asked for[ ALQ ] all legal quarry any one else got this there ticket especially in gwent area

Sorry mate but Any Other Lawful Quarry (AOLQ) has been done to death several times over in the last two years, in fact there's a thread on the subject currently running in the legal section.

DaveK,

The point he was making is that you should search the Forum first. Raking up old stuff just clutters inboxes. Should the previous distilled knowledge of the Forum not give answer then by all means ask a "new" question.

Stan

DaveK,

The point he was making is that you should search the Forum first. Raking up old stuff just clutters inboxes. Should the previous distilled knowledge of the Forum not give answer then by all means ask a "new" question.

Stan
I've been around forums long enough to know that mate. It was tongue in cheek. Ever heard of it?

I lived in Lincolnshire twice. never again:rofl:

It is now but was originally posted in the general section.

A far better explanation, Alles Klar now. My hat off to you sir:D

I would suggest, thinking about the earlier advice, that most subjects have been done to death. Not resurrecting them would make any forum redundant.

To the OP. I've asked for it several times in West Yorkshire and never got a sniff.

Last edited:
DaveK,

You were the one who admitted to being stupid.
Now proven ;)

​Stan

Petty and not at all accurate. Get yourself a sense of humour transplant:p

I actually said "Pardon my stupidity". That's one instance, it isn't an admission of being stupid by any stretch of the imagination. Well not in the rest of the UK anyway. It's like my saying to you "you're being an arse". It doesn't actually make you an arsehole, does it?

dont know if this as been covered before sorry if as just put in for a one for one and it`s the same old thing the reason you want it and what it will be used for, in stead the usual deer / fox / vermin i`ve asked for[ ALQ ] all legal quarry any one else got this there ticket especially in gwent area

I wish you luck with it. ALQ would be the "Golden Fleece" of firearms conditions.

You must forgive the other posters comments, they jumped to quickly without reading your post correctly. They read AOLQ where in fact you wrote ALQ, any legal quarry.

Lancashire gave me AOLQ after I asked them. They had just 'opened' my FAC and I asked why did they then have separate named quarry listed in each of my calibers. their answer was, 'don't worry, just send us your FAC back and we will add AOLQ instead'.

Does your good reason not require compliance with the Deer Act?
Therefore Deer must be on your FAC. Include Fox/vermin etc. Boar/Feral Goat are what you need to sort out.

Now, target shooters don't have this problem as they have their good reason on their FAC already ;)

Stan

Does your good reason not require compliance with the Deer Act?
Therefore Deer must be on your FAC. Include Fox/vermin etc. Boar/Feral Goat are what you need to sort out.

Now, target shooters don't have this problem as they have their good reason on their FAC already ;)

Stan

Yes. Deer, fox, vermin, boar are in my FAC. So is Any other lawful quarry. I am a target shooter too.

No idea. I was reading here that someone said this is because boar is 'special' and needs to be named individually. I do not mind, personally.

Strange, boar are not special and can be shot with an AOLQ condition.
Although there is a recommended minimum calibre of .270 for use on boar this is not law, so if you have AOLQ on your HMR there is nothing stopping you braining one with that but it would not be advisable.

Ian.

Strange, boar are not special and can be shot with an AOLQ condition.
Although there is a recommended minimum calibre of .270 for use on boar this is not law, so if you have AOLQ on your HMR there is nothing stopping you braining one with that but it would not be advisable.

Ian.

I have boar as a named quarry on my .308 (deer and fox, of course, as well as other lawful AOLQ). My HMR has vermin, ground game and AOLQ, but I cannot think of something else I would shoot with it.... ;)

mine just says ,the firearms and ammunition, may be used for sporting and pest control and for zeroing on land which the holder has lawful authority to shoot ,then the usual expanding ammo blurb, .22 and 30-06 no mention of animal type, plain english and simple to follow,

Back