Moderator - spigot or not ?

MauserM03

Hi all,

Just bought a Atec mod (CMM-4) for my Mauser M03, which is threaded M14x1 and has a spigot.

Just noticed that the mod states that it is cut for m14x1 'no spigot'. This means is screws on fine but the base of the mod doesn't fit flush to the shoulder of the spigot; there is about a 1cm gap.

Does this matter ? The Atec cut for M14x1 'spigot' is apparently a special order item, only the 'no spigot' is standard, so I'd have to return and await a special order. I'm not really too fussed about the aesthetics of it not fitting flush but obviously don't want any safety or accuracy issues.

Grateful for your thoughts.

Àll I can tell you is from the information supplied with it that say it shoud fit tight to the shoulder with no gap if iether thread isn't quite true it wouldn't be obvious with a 1cm gap but could I would of thought cause problems. It also says for initial fit have a gunsmith or competent person do it I couldn't see a gun smith putting his name to it. So if I were homest I'd swap it can't see the wail been too long Jackson's appear to be very much on the ball.

I agree with Kieran probably better to get the fit right from the start,having the spigot will or should guarantee perfect alignment,it would only take one shot if the mods not aligned properly to wreck the mod.

At the risk of alienating every other trade supplier - so dont tell anyone! ;) Jackson tend to be a joy to deal with - speaking as RFDs.

You need the spigot fitting. Without going into whether you had specified spigotted etc to your dealer here, give Jacksons a call direct and explain the situation. They will be helpful and I suspect that resolution wont be too long in being sorted.

I'm good, but even I dont want to hear myself twice! Txt deleted as I can't work out how to delete duplicate post. Apologies!

Last edited:
Thanks to those that provided advice (both above and by PM / text / phone call). Just returned home with the proper 'spigot' CMM4 and have fitted it. Looks like a fantastic bit of very precisely engineered kit; can't wait to try it out.

Back