Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Badger cull info

Badger cull info

Anyone thinking of taking part in the badger cull may find this of use.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...g-training.pdf
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

so one now needs to go on a course on how to shoot a badger what next.

I believe (could be wrong) the testing section isn't under supervision, it asks all shooters to do the test and keep the target as proof of competence if required. But I could have read it wrong?

edit - think I am wrong, this is the guidance for a 'course'
    Last edited by tjwaines; 12-05-2013 at 10:31.
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Will that be BSC1 and 2.

Why in this age of laser measuring devices, would "Judging" distances to target have any relevance?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Remember that with all the emotive hype surrounding the cull and the need for the "ministry" to robustly defend its actions, it has covered every possibility for criticism. One of those areas is to be able to demonstrate and produce documentation demonstrating that those doing the shooting are trained and compitent.

Never fear, I bet there are those on here with applications pending already for corse approval, ain't that right Mike.lol

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Why in this age of laser measuring devices, would "Judging" distances to target have any relevance?
    Also as far as I'm aware the shooting is primarily planned to be from a fixed elevated position or vantage point to a bait station. Surely you'd place the bait station at the correct distance from the shooting point and so not need t estimate distances in the heat of the moment?

And what levels of certification will be awarded?.......... L1 .. L2,?.. Advanced night shooter?... Grandfather rights for those Foxing for twenty years or more???
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Judging distance shoudnt be a problem had one walk past the other night wilst out lamping (fox) on a two metre margin fully lit never even looked up