Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sauer 202

Sauer 202

Recently got a 308 added to my FAC and have been looking at a few rifles. Have read a lot of positive articles on the Sauer 202. What are peoples thoughts on this, they look like fantastic rifles. Has anyone had any problems with them?

Personally I have had no problems, I have 2 of them .308 and .243. Mine are wood so have had a few jibs by friends about them being heavy, but it does not bother me. I love the safety on them, but I know others (who possibly do t own one) don't.

I home load but my .308 was sub 1 inch with RWS 150grn out of the box.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Quote Originally Posted by neil_r View Post
    Personally I have had no problems, I have 2 of them .308 and .243. Mine are wood so have had a few jibs by friends about them being heavy, but it does not bother me. I love the safety on them, but I know others (who possibly do t own one) don't.

I home load but my .308 was sub 1 inch with RWS 150grn out of the box.
    what is the weight on them?

Have a 202 Select in 6.5x55. A fine shooting rifle, can't fault it, will patch at 100 with factory ammo) Fed Powershok 140gr).
    I would suggest a synthetic stock though, the wood (like all better quality wood) is too good looking to get scratched!
    ​Have other rifles, I'd also look at MO3.
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

I have a sauer 202 outback ( synthetic stock) in 0.243". Superb light stalking rifle only spoilt by the T8 moderator on the end, i'll have to take it off. Agree with Rickoshay that the wooden stocks are too nice to get scratched.

Willie

PS I like the safety catch

Quote Originally Posted by RickoShay View Post
    Have a 202 Select in 6.5x55. A fine shooting rifle, can't fault it, will patch at 100 with factory ammo) Fed Powershok 140gr).
    I would suggest a synthetic stock though, the wood (like all better quality wood) is too good looking to get scratched!
    ​Have other rifles, I'd also look at MO3.
    the MO3 is on the short list as well, along with an R8

Lovely rifles,i had a .243 elegance which I sold to a mate and I still look at it longingely,had to go to make way for my R8 which I prefer but give me one any day over most of the contenders.

Traded mine in 3 years ago for a Sako 75 and regret it every day. Superb rifles. Love the 75, just miss having my 202...
    Last edited by Richard Parsons; 12-05-2013 at 16:56.

Cracking rifles, I had a 200 then upgraded to a 202 elegance, as others have said though, save your money and just get a synthetic stock, the first thing I did was to buy one as well, and it resides on the rifle for 90% of the time.
    the only other consideration I would add is how unfortunate it is that the uk importer for whom you have to do business if you have any warranty issues are a complete shower who think customer service and satisfaction are draconian nonsense. I wouldn't buy another one for just that reason, lovely as the rifles themselves are, such a shame that such perfectionists as the Germans chose to use the lovely garlands to sell their wares..........
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I have a .243 202 Stutzen . As we all know stutzens don't shoot very well, it will only shoot sub 25mm at 100m with 85 gr and sub 20mm with 70gr !
    Might have to trade it in