Thread: Winchester ultimate shadow .243.

Winchester ultimate shadow .243.

Hi guys. Any experience of the above rifle? I have put in for a variation and if it comes back ill have a slot for a .243. Im wondering does the plastic stock flex how do you find the trigger? Will yours take factory ammo and does it come factory screw cut if so which thread size?

Otherwise what guns are collecting dust in your cabinet that you may be willing to sell. I would only want vgc though. I don't have the cash for top spec'd rifles or custom jobbies just so we are on the same page.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

Oh and what twist rate are they?

Haven't tried the Winnie , but are they it the same rifle as the howa ? I have a tikka and a steyr prohunter and really rate both .

The Winchester M70 isnt a Howa ( its the Weatherby you are thinking of ACM )

Winchester was a classic. Through a series of marketing and bean counter gaffs the marque has been pretty soundly trashed over recent decades.

Winchester quality took a serious dip a few years back, but has improved greatly.

Every M70 we've had through our doors has shot very very well. There is a great deal to like about them and only the faddish winds of fashion are keeping it down.

The synthetic stocks I've come across have all been reasonably good - stiff enough and all shot well.

​As with any rifle, key is to get your hands on one and see if it suits you personally.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    The Winchester M70 isnt a Howa ( its the Weatherby you are thinking of ACM )

Winchester was a classic. Through a series of marketing and bean counter gaffs the marque has been pretty soundly trashed over recent decades.

Winchester quality took a serious dip a few years back, but has improved greatly.

Every M70 we've had through our doors has shot very very well. There is a great deal to like about them and only the faddish winds of fashion are keeping it down.

The synthetic stocks I've come across have all been reasonably good - stiff enough and all shot well.

​As with any rifle, key is to get your hands on one and see if it suits you personally.
    ah apologies guys , only other thing I can add is that I do own a Winnie shottie from the early 90s and it shoots great . And feels quality .

Thought weatherby and howa were owned by the same company?

yet to find a plastic stock that doesn't flex
    stock twist will be 1:10, whether it fires 100gr accurately is a lottery

for the price of a new Winchester you could have a 2nd hand Sako
    much better option IMO

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Thought weatherby and howa were owned by the same company? yet to find a plastic stock that doesn't flex stock twist will be 1:10, whether it fires 100gr accurately is a lottery for the price of a new Winchester you could have a 2nd hand Sako much better option IMO
    randomly one has come up for sale. Just hope i get my variation. I'm very tempted by the Winchester in love with the stock.
    S