Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss duralyt compared to Swarovski

Zeiss duralyt compared to Swarovski

Has anyone compared these two scopes back to back and if so how does the zeiss compare to Swaro?

Regards,

Gixer

Iv owned both and still currently own a duralyt! You can't compare the glass, the swarovski is a country mile better well on the model I had which was z4i but the swarovski had better glass than anything else iv owned! But the duralyt is a third of the price I like the reticle 6 and I don't get to worried about throwing it around in the truck or gator! Some may disagree but this is what I found anyway

​Rob

Duralyt Illuminated.... better than awesome

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    well i have had some nice glass over the years and i sold my last duralyt to a mate who now has it on his new 243,.

for the money its spot on,

if i was ever to return to stalking/use my redundant .243 i would be back in the market for a zeiss duralyt.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I've got a duralyt there's no comparison Swarovski wins hands down noticeably better at last light. But for the money I'm pleased with my Zeiss

I would spend the money on a s/h s&b zenith illuminated ret. You get what you pay for, no frills or gimmicks, decent glass and quality build, decent Bit of kit

Had both, and both excellent. The zeiss is pleasing to use and the price is very good, it is great value. They are great scopes and you will never be dissapointed with one.
    The swarovski is however noticeably better in every way except price. Everything is smoother, cleaner and easier. I am in Aberdeen if you want to try the swaro - i sold the zeiss once i had the 1st swaro, and i have one on each rifle now, the difference is that much and well worth it.

As Tuck says with a Duralyt you dont have to be too precious about them, I had a Duralyt and soon PXd It against another Z6, problem being If you have swarovski on one rifle you get used to the glass then theres no going back...I have said this before, that Its easy to condemn the zeiss as a poorer relative...But they are still 700 ish...700 for a bloody scope!...If you can, opt for swarovski and protect It, If not take the Zeiss and enjoy It.

Quote Originally Posted by diverdave View Post
    Had both, and both excellent. The zeiss is pleasing to use and the price is very good, it is great value. They are great scopes and you will never be dissapointed with one.
    The swarovski is however noticeably better in every way except price. Everything is smoother, cleaner and easier. I am in Aberdeen if you want to try the swaro - i sold the zeiss once i had the 1st swaro, and i have one on each rifle now, the difference is that much and well worth it.

Thanks for the generous offer - I have had a habicht PV - i did always regret selling it but this is really the specific scope I am looking to compare the zeiss with.

i have read 3 online reviews and all say the zeiss is excellent and that the clarity difference is pretty much nil but the cost savings seam to be on turret covers and things like the smooth mag ring and the one option ret on the non illuminated - one even says the glass origin is the same!

Regards,
    Gixer

I think it is a very subjective matter.

Couple of weeks ago I had a chance to compare my Mark4 Leupold against a 8x56mm 30mm Swarvi. We had some big bales to rest the rifles on and we were looking at an electic pylon at 287 yds, facing West. Ok the Swarvi was brighter and had a bigger FOV however if you concentrated on what your looking at in this case the single cable then there was only a few mins in it, the Swarvi being better, but it was splitting hairs. The Leeupold is only 50 mm and I adjusted it to get the same percieved mag as the Swarvi. Intrestingly my 10x42 Geovids out performed both. I was impressed with the Swarvi and its lovely fine central reticule, however no illumination. The Swarvi was as new, my Leupold is 6+ yrs old.

I think its a case of what suits your eyes and then make your purchase.

D