Thread: Zeiss Conquest into Europe

Zeiss Conquest into Europe

Has anybody imported Zeiss conquest scopes ? Did you have them sended over or did you or a friend bring them in their luggage? Are there import taxes to pay when they sent them by UPS/DHL/......

I bought one from 4scopes excellent service, landed three days after my order -!payed twenty per cent tax week or so later. Still worth it.
    ​Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by marrajack View Post
    I bought one from 4scopes excellent service, landed three days after my order -!payed twenty per cent tax week or so later. Still worth it.
    ​Good luck
    Same here. 4Scopes very easy to deal with and scope arrived within a week via FedEx. IIRC it cost an additional 4.5% on duty and then 20% VAT on top of the total . . . so you pay VAT on the Duty which is a bit much. But like Marrajack says, it's still well worth it if you want a Zeiss Conquest. FedEx invoiced me separately for the taxes.

Triffid

I bought 2 one off eBay US, one from EuroOptic. You may have to pay VAT. They both were sent via USPS and Parcel Force in the UK. Parcel Force will pay any duty/vat on your behalf and release the parcel once you pay them.

Any idea if we have to pay the VAT if we bring him in luggage? I heard that if you bring it "as a gift" in a suitcase it should be free of taxes? I know somebody who travels a few times a year to the US, that's the reason of my question. Is it worth bothering this man?

2p worth
    i now remove the info sheets out of anything in buy in the usa and post it back to my own home as a gift for johny ! then posted the paperwork same way cost me around 35 bucks plus state tax to send . now i never paid any vat at home , i try'd once to bring a mil-dot us optics scope back for my m4 in 1994 and was stopped at the airport cos the box said mil-dot! the nob said it ment military dot scope!! and this was a weapon of war ? i said then how do's it fire then he looked with no sence of fun , and i lost it to there bond house cost me another 50 to get it back so never again. and waited 14 weeks until i got a letter saying sorry in there veiw it was a bo bo , tnt charge me the cash after i got the scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    Any idea if we have to pay the VAT if we bring him in luggage? I heard that if you bring it "as a gift" in a suitcase it should be free of taxes? I know somebody who travels a few times a year to the US, that's the reason of my question. Is it worth bothering this man?