Shooting / cull record app for I phone

sparko

Hi, just wondered if anyone Is using either G4EMA or iGamebook shooting apps and have you had success with them, also wondered If they can be used with ipad-2...I hve been told that apple are only supporting apps that are compatible with retina iphone5...Ta

I've got it on my iPhone 5 and it's working a treat. Use an ipad2 to review the trips on the G4ema website with no problems

Rich

I have it but haven't been totally impressed
it failed to log one trip and I find the lack of Onboard history or current log irritating
i end up logging the same thing twice in the lamping set up
li did email him about the issues but heard nothing back (several weeks)

i kind of expect more from paid for apps

I've been looking at them. Not very good in my eyes. The land mapping expects you to go round the boundry of all your land. It would take me about 3 weeks to walk the boundrys of my land. Plus can't see me going to my phone everything I shoot a rabbit or crow! My phone would be covered is crap in no time plus it would waste time. Would be better if you could draw a line on a map of all your land and mark where things are on it. When you get home you could mark where you shot things. I wouldn't waste your money. No sure I like my land and kills being stored online too.

I've been looking at them. Not very good in my eyes. The land mapping expects you to go round the boundry of all your land. It would take me about 3 weeks to walk the boundrys of my land. Plus can't see me going to my phone everything I shoot a rabbit or crow! My phone would be covered is crap in no time plus it would waste time. Would be better if you could draw a line on a map of all your land and mark where things are on it. When you get home you could mark where you shot things. I wouldn't waste your money. No sure I like my land and kills being stored online too.

+1 exactly what I do on my stalking trips, I have a B&W photo copy map and mark on any sightings, cull, or notes of interest numbered 1,2,3 etc
Then on the back list along with times, weather, wind, etc. into plastic sleeve & file, keep it simple
Wingy

The land mapping expects you to go round the boundary of all your land.
Plus can't see me going to my phone everything I shoot a rabbit or crow!
No sure I like my land and kills being stored online too.

only if you want a boundary marked manually
Nothing to stop you marking a boundary on Google Earth and saving it in the same format as a G4MMA file

I use it to mark locations of rabbits and foxes as part of a golf course control. means I can email 4 people an update on where and what i have shot. They just flick the Google Earth file onto an open Earth page and it pops up on the map

you don't need to store the data online, once the app is set up you can just save to file on your PC

my problem was it didnt bloody log in the first place when it was telling me it had!

Hi, just wondered if anyone Is using either G4EMA or iGamebook shooting apps and have you had success with them, also wondered If they can be used with ipad-2...I hve been told that apple are only supporting apps that are compatible with retina iphone5...Ta

Interesting, two thoughts jump out. I've got paper cull records going back 40 years and I don't see any website lasting 4 years, so I would suggest that you need to have a plan to back up your data and migrate it off the website/app when it stops being supported. Regards JCS

I have used G4ema and I think it is totally rubbish, it has failed to log numerous trips.

The app I can HIGHLY recommend is iHunt Journal.

You can use it to do the following:
- Set annual cull figures for different permissions.
- Record your culls, photo, location, weather conditions, moon conditions etc
- Mark all your highseats, trail cameras etc. With highseats you can mark which direction the wind they are usable from.
- You can use it to plan a trip, so it will take a weather reading and let you know which highseats would be best.
- Export it all as a CSV file so you can back it up on your computer easily.
- All the data is visible on the app.
- It will record your income/out goings from hunting.
- Tell you the sun rise/set times
- You can record sightings of scraps, wallows etc.
- It will even range find for you. You mark 2 points on the map and it tells you the distance!!!!

It basically does everything you could ever ask for. It is not cheap when you buy all the add-ons but it is so worth it.

I have spoken to the author and I have asked him to add the following:

- Tag number for the carcass
- GPS tracking for when you are stalking.

image copy 2.png
High Seat Record
image copy 3.png
Range finding
image copy 4.png
Cull record
image.png
Cull Figures and Targets.

Last edited:
Mmmm, positives and negatives also alternatives, as has been said a paper copy Is good as It Is permanent, I was thinking It would be better to embrace technology but probably better to stick with the A5 notebook for the time being, that said Eggy s programme looks good...Thanks all

Hi guys!
I am using a version produced here in Germany, but it worked perfect in the UK, as tested for 2 years now...
Its called "Jagdbegleiter" and runs on my iphone 3 GS and now on my iphone 5.
I can highly recommend it and its easy to use and understand for a stupid anti-computer nerd as I am!
:cuckoo:

Hi guys!
I am using a version produced here in Germany, but it worked perfect in the UK, as tested for 2 years now...
Its called "Jagdbegleiter" and runs on my iphone 3 GS and now on my iphone 5.
I can highly recommend it and its easy to use and understand for a stupid anti-computer nerd as I am!
:cuckoo:

Looks like we are using the same thing if my rusty Germany is of any use :)

Will the app let you record wind direction and speed to? Would not a garmin GPS be better? It would save the shot site as a way piont. You could also mark the position you shot from then mesure the distance to see if you got the range estimations right!

I use igamebook and its simple to use and log your outings wheather it stalking , game, wildfowling or any other type of shooting. It can be logged once you are at home and doesn't need to be logged at time of event . The position pins can be moved to the correct spot at any time. Different coloured pins are dropped for different shooting types.
All in all a fairly reasonable app IMHO.

My ancestors use to hunt with a bow and arrow. Now I use a rifle it makes it easier.

Does it really, not by the sound of some of the posts, and did the change from bow and arrow to rifle make you a better hunter or a lazier hunter .

Does it really, not by the sound of some of the posts, and did the change from bow and arrow to rifle make you a better hunter or a lazier hunter .

I hunt with both....

I can input the data into my phone faster than you can write it down.

Also the location will show automatically on a map.

The income generated will automatically calculate.

I can check how I am doing with my annual cull figures in a instant.

Enjoy searching through your piles of paper trying to work that out.

I am not saying it makes me a better hunter, but it helps with my stalking admin.

Back