Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle to New Zealand

Rifle to New Zealand

I am thinking of a trip to New Zealand end of this year, & I would like to take my own Rifle with me . Does anyone know the extent of the Bureaucracy involved & the time scale.
    Cheers

There is zero Bureaucracy.

You arrive in New Zealand and ask for a Firearms Licence, pay your $25 and you are done.

Firearms Visitors Application | Forms Online - New Zealand Police Online

WOW that's the most sensible approach I've ever seen why all countries be that simple?
    oh I forgot we are in the EU!
    Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    There is zero Bureaucracy.

You arrive in New Zealand and ask for a Firearms Licence, pay your $25 and you are done.

Firearms Visitors Application | Forms Online - New Zealand Police Online

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    WOW that's the most sensible approach I've ever seen why all countries be that simple?
    oh I forgot we are in the EU!
    That's not fair Cwmman, Europe couldn't be any easier by using an Euopean Firearms Passport. You don't even have to pay for that it's issued free of charge on request. It's only this country is the problem with refusing to recognise the EFP.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Now thats my kinda Country !

Where are the Immigration forms as well !!
    Cheers

Sorry 8x57 but Can I take my .308 to France or can I or travel through France with it or any other military calibre of sporting rifle, and dont have to remove & lose my mod for some countries and the UK always has to be different for some reason so the EU is far from simple. Flying back from one EU country that allows moderators to leave it at home before going on to another country that doesn't allow mods instead of going straight on is not simple I don't know anything in the EU that is, however I do hear that there are whispers of an EU firearms law/licence in the pipeline who knows one day it may be that simple if they all sing from the same hyme sheet but we can't even do that in the UK.
    si[https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...066]That's not fair Cwmman, Europe couldn't be any easier by using an Euopean Firearms Passport. You don't even have to pay for that it's issued free of charge on request. It's only this country is the problem with refusing to recognise the EFP.[/QUOTE]

There are certain restrictions in all countries NZ included. Yes you can take a .308 to France but for target shooting not for hunting. Yes moderators are controlled far more carefully in some countries, just look what happened to a couple of guys who took air rifle moderators to the states some years ago. You just have to appreciate that all countries are different and go along with their laws, but for taking a non military hunting rifle abroad most of Europe including France couldn't be easier. So just pack your .357 next time you want to hunt in France.

P.S. I don't think that there will ever be full harmonisation of firearms laws in Europe. So far Europe has only set minimum standards and allowed member states to apply or impose more drastic measures as they have seen fit. Unfortunately look how that has left us.
    Last edited by 8x57; 13-05-2013 at 12:06.

.375 you mean ha ha I won't go there hunting I'd rather spend my money anywhere else, lol. send me details of your h4h shoot and I'll buy some tickets even if I can't get there m8 I'm just so flat out and think I'm in Ireland when it's on but you never know I may pop in you have my email from last time,
    ​(there be boar in them there hills)
    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    There are certain restrictions in all countries NZ included. Yes you can take a .308 to France but for target shooting not for hunting. Yes moderators are controlled far more carefully in some countries, just look what happened to a couple of guys who took air rifle moderators to the states some years ago. You just have to appreciate that all countries are different and go along with their laws, but for taking a non military hunting rifle abroad most of Europe including France couldn't be easier. So just pack your .357 next time you want to hunt in France.

we filled out our firearms form online for NZ so we did'nt have to do it at airport it was simple and our years cert was waiting for us, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Freudian slip, yes I did mean .375 thinking of something else.

I don't have access to your email address at the moment as I am using another computer. If you pm me your email address I will forward the details.