Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer stalking in devon

Deer stalking in devon

Hi , I've been looking for stalking permission in Devon for ages , just haven't found many places that want anyone to stalk the deer? Just wondering weather anyone knows on here? Thanks
    Chris Youlden

You may want to try woodfordfallow on this site

dont lose heart something will turn up in the end, could be worth trying to get rabbit permission first then move on from there.where abouts are you.

Quote Originally Posted by ruby tuesday View Post
    could be worth trying to get rabbit permission first then move on from there.
    That isn't a bad idea, but it can be a very underhand way of getting stalking, i lost a permission once to a guy out shooting rabbits who 'noticed' a limping fallow buck and put it out of its misery, result was he undermined me, so i wouldn't want you to get a bad reputation like that, there are no secrets in the deer stalking world, i found out who he was by an associate of his!
    Anyway rant over, do not lose heart, there is still available land out there, in the past 12 months i have gained 3 farms, total 600 acres, none had a resident deer stalker, 2 came by recommendation (they rang me up) and the third was by just asking the farmer.
    Best of luck, you will find some for sure.
    Cheers
    Richard

Deer stalking in Devon and South Devon

Quote Originally Posted by ruby tuesday View Post
    dont lose heart something will turn up in the end, could be worth trying to get rabbit permission first then move on from there.where abouts are you.
    Hi. I'm from ottery st Mary. Which is in east Devon , looking for stalking in East Devon or South Devon. Would really like some fallow.
    ​Thanks

Have you tried IanF on this site? he was offering fallow buck stalking in east Devon recently.

Not your own permission but a good option for you may be Tom Gardener the stalker for Clinton Devon Estates all the relevant information is on their website
    GAZ

There is plenty of land out there if you stick at it.

If your passionate about stalking, the land will find you. I see other blokes on here pointing you in the direction of others that will just charge for their services, my advice is go at it alone and stick with it. It is hard at the bottom but that's where everyone else on here started out, like ruby Tuesday said, start off small and work your way up networking as you go along. I'm working next door to Devon at the moment and get the chance on the Sika because of networking. This site plays a huge role in the ability to reach out to others with a common interest.

Regards

​Carl.

Goucher is letting the stalking at Clovelly next year 6,500 for the lease.