Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Mayfly

  1. #1

    Mayfly

    Just finished rather long and dry contract discussion on a conference call to look up and see a mayfly on the window blind by my desk in the office. First one this year. Now do I put the rod in my car and drop into my local fishery wednesday evening?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Just finished rather long and dry contract discussion on a conference call to look up and see a mayfly on the window blind by my desk in the office. First one this year. Now do I put the rod in my car and drop into my local fishery wednesday evening?
    Better make it today after work mate! Why wait?

  3. #3
    It`s a month late in Ireland. I would normally have my dates for Corrib long before now, but there is little or no sign of the fly! Switching to Sheelin for a change. Tight lines if you do go!

  4. #4
    There's nothing like fishing the dapp!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor1 View Post
    It`s a month late in Ireland. I would normally have my dates for Corrib long before now, but there is little or no sign of the fly! Switching to Sheelin for a change. Tight lines if you do go!

  5. #5
    You mean " The melancholy pursuit of dapping" as TC Kingsmill Moore called it! Not a purist but I fish a dry pattern 99% of the time.........................I cant abide by dapping even though it does get the bigger fish up, it just doesn't do it for me!
    Last edited by Conor1; 13-05-2013 at 20:14.

  6. #6
    Each to their own I love all methods and find dapping great fun and a nice change too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor1 View Post
    You mean " The melancholy pursuit of dapping" as TC Kingsmill Moore called it! Not a purist but I fish a dry pattern 99% of the time.........................I cant abide by dapping even though it does the bigger fish up, it just doesn't do it for me!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Simjim33 View Post
    Better make it today after work mate! Why wait?
    If only I had had my rod in the boot but not today.

  8. #8
    Each to their own exactly. Tight lines and hope the fishing gods are good to you.

  9. #9
    jesus!
    I looked up this afternoon and saw hailstones bouncing off the window!!

    so much for may!

  10. #10
    Most places are reporting fly being at least two to three weeks late. I was booked on the Wilts. Avon for Sunday but have just postponed. A few mayfly have been seen on the Monnow but again not enough to get the fish interested and it might easily be June this year before we see the main hatch.

    I fished on Brenig on Sunday and it was more like January than May, it was blustery, showery and very cold and almost no fly was hatching.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •