Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30-06 rifle or set up search

30-06 rifle or set up search

Sorry if this isn't in the right section. I have been searching for a 30-06, preferably something decent quality, with moderator and german optics. I know its demanding, but some decent cash waiting for the right purchase. Having looked everywhere online i have struggled to find much that interests me.

Any thoughts on why there aren't many options on the market or am i just not looking in the right places?

W

Quote Originally Posted by willyroe View Post

Any thoughts on why there aren't many options on the market or am i just not looking in the right places?

W

Try looking at the new Model 70's, some also prefer the longer eye relief from good US optics.

​Cheers Sharkey

Sharkey, ref the mod 70, the guy is looking for something of decent quality

Quote Originally Posted by john.d.m View Post
    Sharkey, ref the mod 70, the guy is looking for something of decent quality
    LOL. I'm looking forward to see what willyroe eventually decides upon, & if quality means reliability & functionality.

Cheers Sharkey

Here we go someone's got to say it Get yourself a Blaser R8 with a Swaro Z6 on it (you did say you had good money to spend)

Bought one recently and although it has a little more bark than most its a nice caliber to shoot, I'm pretty with my Tikka, nothing spectacular but it does what its required to do!

Regards,

Gixer

Willy,

you've probably done some research into manufacturers and what various brands look and function like as well as price bands.

what do you have in mind? something classic in wood, something plastic with SS? are you looking cheap like PH/BSA, or mid-band like older Sako's or newer Tikka's or CZ/s, or high end like new Sako, Sauer, Blaser, etc.?

If you've got the dollar I'd say a sauer would be up your street

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    If you've got the dollar I'd say a sauer would be up your street

can you believe it Andy, he declined my PV ZKK 30-06! hope you're keeping well..P
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Willy, you've probably done some research into manufacturers and what various brands look and function like as well as price bands. what do you have in mind? something classic in wood, something plastic with SS? are you looking cheap like PH/BSA, or mid-band like older Sako's or newer Tikka's or CZ/s, or high end like new Sako, Sauer, Blaser, etc.?
    classic wood, well loved, mid to upper range. Unlikely to be tempted by synthetic but never say never. Don't mind something older as long is its not had a hard life.