Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short & to the point.

Short & to the point.

Got the S.A.C.S. news letter today, 95%ish of it was of full interest to me, no adverts for expensive stuff, & joke at the back made me laugh too!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I completely forgot about the SD group by in! I here nothing but good from members of S.A.C.S. I am going to just join any how. Makes sence. I get the impression that S.A.C.S is very deer orientated! Is that true?

I went in on the sd deal , so much better than basc , better value for money , and you can see why it cost less , I'm under no illusions as to why basc have to charge more . They are a massive organisation publishing what is basically a country sports magazine , that is full of adverts ! I have massive respect for them and the work they do , but I shoot on a budget and for me right now the sacs deal was the best decision .

The adverts pay for the magazine , Fed up of people on here, harping on about this one is cheaper than another, what crap your membership is the price of a couple of boxes of good ammo, and the fuel to collect them, join the group you like after doing some homework, what are they doing for your sport, minimum membership should be £100 with 50% of that going to a fund, to fight unfair gun control and purchase land to be used by young shooters and novices only. Rant over

I have just started doing humane despatch on a voluntary call out basis with my local deer group. I had to inform BASC and they extended my insurance to cover this,no charge. Does S.A.C.S offer the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    The adverts pay for the magazine , Fed up of people on here, harping on about this one is cheaper than another, what crap your membership is the price of a couple of boxes of good ammo, and the fuel to collect them, join the group you like after doing some homework, what are they doing for your sport, minimum membership should be £100 with 50% of that going to a fund, to fight unfair gun control and purchase land to be used by young shooters and novices only. Rant over
    Since I am both young and on a budget I wholeheartedly disagree with you Taff . As I said I respect the work basc do and have chosen not to renew my membership . Seeing as my car insurance is probably triple or more what yours is you probably do have a tad more free cash to support whoever you like . I look forward to being in that position .

I am using both parties to try and support our shooting ,
    Ian at sacs is helping me at the moment with a variation problem and has been a great help . I have my humane dispatch insurance through BASC and have seen how they handle the media and think both are doing a great job at fighting our corner , price wise its not a great deal for either on a yearly basis ,when people spend a small fortune on guff they don't need.
    without these people i don't think it would be long before our sport/management would be around for, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

There is always room for more than one organisation, and itís up to all of us which ones we choose to support.

True enough because of the size and resources BASC is in a position to do far more media works and indeed political work than the smaller organisations, this is not a criticism itís a simple fact.

I appreciate how if you are on a tight budget you will look to save a few quid here and there, this is only natural, and if the low cost option fits your needs so be it.

Those that have left BASC to support another organisation I can only say thank you for your support in the past and thank you for helping to fund our many political and media projects, we need to do this sort of work to keep shooting safe, if notÖ.

For those that can affors the extra quid a week or so, thank you too!!

Best to all

David.

As David has just said join the organisation that suits you or join them all if money is no object
    but realistically a lot of us are not in that position and have to make choices, as David says its maybe only a quid a week of difference but at the present time, a lot of us are having to think carefully about how we spend our cash.

At one time or another I have been a member of .

BASC formerly WAGBI
    BFSS
    BDS
    SACS
    GCC
    SGA

OK BFSS is no longer in existence, does anyone know what happened to them? did they just fold or did they merge with one of the other organisations.

BFSS became CA, although for a few years the BFSS stil existed 'on paper' because there were some old standing order payments going into the account as I remember.

To help with payments some of the orgnisations offer monthly Direct Debit to spread the cost by the way.

David