Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MONGOOSE- You stole my money

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

MONGOOSE- You stole my money

Just letting other members aware of the fact that I had purchased items from MONGOOSE over a month ago. I had send cash recorded, the amount is irrelevant, if wasn't much, but it's the principle.

He acknowledged receipt of be cash and said the items would be posted the following day. Well, nothing was heard. I sent several PM's wih nothing heard again. It wasn't until I spoke to Admin a week later that I actually got a response from MONGOOSE, saying that a family circumstance had had been the delay and that he was sorry and would post the items the following day. Well, funnily enough, still nothing.

I also know of another site member who is waiting for delivery of stuff from him.

I have PM'd MONGOOSE and told him to shove it, keep my cash, he obviously needs it more than me! Welcome to it. But I think you deserve to named as a dishonest site member who people need to be aware of on this site.

​TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I have sent and been sent cash for stuff on here but never had a dishonest member yet. Shooting folk tend to be honest.

poor show, very poor show, whats this world coming too there seems to be more and more chancers about

Not good,there's always one ain't there.

Caution would be my advice wot if he's dead or has had a stroke or something similarly tragic you'll feel bad then so be sure of the circumstances first just in case you need to get your foot out of your mouth, BUT if he has done this with intent or knowledge then it's a very poor show, but I would reserve judgement everyone untill the facts & reasons are clear. I only say this as I did something similar with eBay,( and my bills & friends ) some years ago when my son died, fortunately it didn't last long & people were understanding so maybe we should give Mongoose the benefit of the doubt for now, at least?
    ​Lets not be too quick to judge is it?

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    Caution would be my advice wot if he's dead or has had a stroke or something similarly tragic you'll feel bad then so be sure of the circumstances first just in case you need to get your foot out of your mouth, BUT if he has done this with intent or knowledge then it's a very poor show, but I would reserve judgement everyone untill the facts & reasons are clear. I only say this as I did something similar with eBay,( and my bills & friends ) some years ago when my son died, fortunately it didn't last long & people were understanding so maybe we should give Mongoose the benefit of the doubt for now, at least?​Lets not be too quick to judge is it?
    He has read my PM's and been on here, so he ain't dead. I have told him not to bother PM'ing me as I will now just delete, but he can come on here and tell his story and let everyone decide for themselves. I initially believed his family issue, which if true, then yes, acceptable, but that was a month ago.....
    Last edited by tartinjock; 14-05-2013 at 08:16.
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Very poor show. I've been lucky never had a problem with payment or receiving goods. Only had one person say they would have something then I never heard from them again despite sending a couple of PM's and that was last week. Well done for naming and shaming if there is a genuine reason they should put there side but no real reason not to send in a month. There should be a list of bad sellers / buyers on here.

Hi Stu, sorry to hear of this.
    I have had a few 'enquirers' you know the type known as 'tyre kickers' in the car trade but only once anything like this.
    It is a damn shame as the individual will get his actions come back and bite him in the bum in the end.
    It doesn't pay to be dishonest.
    I hope it wasn't much, but regardless of the sum, perhaps his concience will kick in later and he'll think of some excuse and have a change of heart and send it on with interest !!

I was chatting to someone on here about the dogs for deer book, he was after a copy and id read mine so offered him mine free of charge sent it through the post and received a cheque back for 20 so there are some good honest people about, the only trouble on these forums is you could rip a few people off then start a new account and do it all over again the only trouble is you never really know the circumstances behind it

not good boys
    i must say i'v never had a bad deal from this site all been upstanding fellers i hope i never do ! but i do like a drive