Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: phhaaaa to camo and scent lock.

phhaaaa to camo and scent lock.

x2 guys in just plain green and a dog sat still.
    deer 50ms down wind nothing fancy just sit still.
    couldnt reach for the vid had to use my phone.
    spend your money on ammo and optics dont waste it on camo and scent lock.

Yet another gooden pal

I couldnt agree more . . . . to my mind roe are very tuned into movement but colour makes little to no difference . .
    I was out walking the dog recently wearing light blue jeans and a blue tartan shirt . . .got to within 50 yards of a yearling doe just as light was fading . . .every now and again she would have a good look at us, she was obviously suspicious, but standing completely still she just kept feeding . . . . last time I looked blue tartan wasn't the must have concealment item of the moment

I went on an evening stalk in Berkshire last Summer, my guide wore blue jeans and a white tattersall shirt. I shot a Roe and a Muntjac and we saw quite a few other deer as well at close range. atb Tim

I use green and camo clothing. Dont think it makes any difference,

There are many of us old enough to remember the times before camo of any sort was available, it never seemed to be a problem then. Fieldcraft, patience and keeping still served us well.

exactly lads, far to many sponsored people shouting about how we need it to be good, and now even scent lock clothing.
    good old field craft is all you need to get close to bambi.
    (sitting out for fox is another thing though).
    this morning i watched a stalker on my boundry, he was 500m away and unaware of us, he was camoed up with gloves and a face veil, in the early morning light he was a solid BLACK figure walking along a hedgerow and stood out even with the naked eye, he couldnt have stood out anymore on snow. Even hares were running away 300ms from him
    He would have been better suited keeping low and wearing almost anything.

Look at the yanks and the Europeans they wear camo and then put bright orange vest and hats on top.

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    Look at the yanks and the Europeans they wear camo and then put bright orange vest and hats on top.
    The difference is they dont get the "anti" contingent,camo helps you keep a low profile in the country,nothing to do with Deer!!!!

Can't see some of the Trade Members on here being overly taken with this thread!