Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe deer fly net

Roe deer fly net

I'm after a fly net for roe, can anyone recommend any. I've seen on-line is the roe safe but didn't want to pay that much.

Cheers

How about this one?

Seeland Fly Nets Glasgow Angling Centre

I've been using one of these for a few years and find they do a great job of keeping the flies off while allowing air to circulate. You can cinch the bottom end up around a carcase tray too so as to catch any blood, etc.

The only things I'd change about them would be to have made the hoops removable to make them easier to wash, and to add a waterproof nylon panel on top to keep the rain off the contents, but the latter is easy enough to improvise with a plastic bag!

Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

just had a look at at the Seeland fly net, that will do. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by liddlesdale View Post
    just had a look at at the Seeland fly net, that will do. Cheers
    At £42, I'd hope it'll more "than do"
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Had the same problem last week.
    Solution, down to diy shop and bought a painters and decorators dust sheet. Washable, open enough weave for ventilation, just need to sew up one side and they're washable too. £12 and there's enough material to do at least 2x
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

go to your nearest camping supply's shop they will have mosquito nets for over regular beds this will cover a red deer so a roe will be no problem and no fly,s will get through it. and all you have to do is trow it in the washing machine for the next time i think i paid 15 euro for my one

Someone has previously suggested the ikea product below which is quite cheap.

BRYNE Net - IKEA

I'm still winning on price then @ £8.99 for 2...

Cheap b*gger that I am!!!