Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sspca

Sspca

I had a visit from the SSPCA this afternoon. When I answered the door I saw a man dressed in black and with three silver pips on each shoulder. At first I thought it was the Police but I noticed where it could have read Police Scotland it was the SSPCA. "Mr Donsider" he asked. I replied yes and then he asked if he could come in. I invited him in and at the vestibule I advised him that I had two dogs and I would like to put them into my study prior to him entering the house. Imagine my surprise, being a stalker and a shooter when he said it is the dogs he wished to see................!

Apparently, he was a responding to a report that I had been seen carrying a dead dog minus its head into my vehicle on Monday morning. Mmmmm interesting I said, but it wasn't a dog, actually what I was doing was carrying I told him was two roe carcasses out to my car to take to the game dealer. I confirmed this, to save any undue questioning, by showing him my journal with the report of my stalking experiences over the weekend and should he require further proof I could show him the invoices from the dealer. There was nothing more to be said said as I am sure the trophy of a Royal Stag in the hall and paintings hanging on the walls gave a good indication of my stalking interests. Thank goodness all my documentation was in order should he had been accompanied by the Police.

However, he did want to see my two dogs, probably just to confirm they still had their heads, but taking also taking a note of their breeds and names together with my telephone number in his incident log.

I post this account on the Directory for members interest though the only concern I have is that you never know who is looking so members do take care. Also the next time I carry a beast from the garage to my car I will make sure its on the drive and at the garage first of all. A little more discretion on my part is needed perhaps. A lesson learned indeed.

Donsider.

I'd have left the guy on the door, after the whole rspca sspca whatever crap that's been going on they can jump.... good on you though

I there's always somebody ready to stick their nose in thats for sure, valuable lesson learned though. The less other people see the better!!

ATB

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Quote Originally Posted by donsider View Post
    I had a visit from the SSPCA this afternoon. When I answered the door I saw a man dressed in black and with three silver pips on each shoulder. At first I thought it was the Police but I noticed where it could have read Police Scotland it was the SSPCA. "Mr Donsider" he asked. I replied yes and then he asked if he could come in. I invited him in and at the vestibule I advised him that I had two dogs and I would like to put them into my study prior to him entering the house. Imagine my surprise, being a stalker and a shooter when he said it is the dogs he wished to see................!

Apparently, he was a responding to a report that I had been seen carrying a dead dog minus its head into my vehicle on Monday morning. Mmmmm interesting I said, but it wasn't a dog, actually what I was doing was carrying I told him was two roe carcasses out to my car to take to the game dealer. I confirmed this, to save any undue questioning, by showing him my journal with the report of my stalking experiences over the weekend and should he require further proof I could show him the invoices from the dealer. There was nothing more to be said said as I am sure the trophy of a Royal Stag in the hall and paintings hanging on the walls gave a good indication of my stalking interests. Thank goodness all my documentation was in order should he had been accompanied by the Police.

However, he did want to see my two dogs, probably just to confirm they still had their heads, but taking also taking a note of their breeds and names together with my telephone number in his incident log.

I post this account on the Directory for members interest though the only concern I have is that you never know who is looking so members do take care. Also the next time I carry a beast from the garage to my car I will make sure its on the drive and at the garage first of all. A little more discretion on my part is needed perhaps. A lesson learned indeed.

Donsider.
    Discretion,.... maybe?,......Just try not to look like your hiding your sporting interests.... that could make the nosey parkers more agitated. Plus I would have directed him back to the kerbside.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

They have no authority to enter your premises unless accompanied by a police officer, as for the uniform its designed to look similar to a police officers uniform , people assume they have the same sort of powers, not so.

I reckon you just have to sit back snigger slightly and see the funny side, Assuming you got dealt with in a proper way I can't see why you would hinder them in their job and make them come back with a policeman and warrant. The worst thing he could have been dealing with was dog fighting or someone who thought cutting a dogs head off amounted to euthanasia as it was wrong end of the stick query answered job done.

The other side of it is maybe you need to be even less discreet and let people see its definitely a deer

Quote Originally Posted by al4x1 View Post
    I reckon you just have to sit back snigger slightly and see the funny side, Assuming you got dealt with in a proper way I can't see why you would hinder them in their job and make them come back with a policeman and warrant. The worst thing he could have been dealing with was dog fighting or someone who thought cutting a dogs head off amounted to euthanasia as it was wrong end of the stick query answered job done.

The other side of it is maybe you need to be even less discreet and let people see its definitely a deer
    Now why didn't I write that!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I'd have given him all the information you did but left him at the curd they are no more than paid charity workers with no powers they need to learn that!

Ive had the SSPCA at my door once. I invited them in showed them my kennels and dogs. A neighbour had called to say I was miss treating them!!! A waste of time they said and also said working dogs are better looked after than most pets. They appologised and left. I had nowt to hide so why not show them..

Nutty

If the RSPCA focussed on real issues of animal cruelty instead of aligning itself with the league against cruel sports and taking the side of the extremists then I would be happy to put any concerns to rest. As it is they would be politely asked to leave my property and if they thought there was sufficient evidence to return with the law. As said, I don't see them as any more than charity workers.