Thread: State of Affairs in he Loading World

State of Affairs in he Loading World

We put in another three shop combined order early last week for components , shot and ammo .
    Called them today to see what we might expect . And as usual they said they had NO PRIMERS OR POWDER and had no idea when they'd be getting any !
    Between the three shops I would say we had about $35,000 ordered . As it works out we might get $3,500 in shot and wads possibly a little ammo but that didn't sound to promising either !

Muir said awhile back that the folks he deals with thought it was easing up a bit . While I do believe they told him that I think maybe they were a little to optimistic

One of our main distributers for powder sent e-mails out to customers last week to say all powder was now back in stock.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    One of our main distributers for powder sent e-mails out to customers last week to say all powder was now back in stock.

Neil.
    I suspect they have a certain % for the foriegn market and another for us and it appears perhaps they're sending across the pond first !

But then I doubt your country buys anywhere near the same volume .

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    I suspect they have a certain % for the foriegn market and another for us and it appears perhaps they're sending across the pond first !

But then I doubt your country buys anywhere near the same volume .

I know we don't buy the same volume

I overheard the local shop a few weeks back telling a customer why we are short of ammo and components, how true it is I have no idea ?
    Apparently all the ammo and components from the US for the uK ships out from New York, and a huge consignment (by our standards)
    was lost or damaged in the big blow so never shipped, true or false I have no clue.

Neil.