Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eventful afternoon, not stalking related

Eventful afternoon, not stalking related

For a change the weather on the south Kent/East Sussex border today has been glorious, blue sky and reasonably warm. So I have been relaying the patio that adjoins the back of the new home we have moved into, which will join up to the new workshop that I have just had installed.
    During the work late this morning I could hear the familiar drone of a Rolls Royce Merlin Engine, and was delighted to see a Spitfire about half a mile from my home flying fairly low across the fields at the back of my home.
    The is followed by a helicopter who was obviously filming the whole event. This lasted for sometime, and later the whole event happened again with 2 helicopters filming the Spitfire as it climbed and looped around the sky.

Made my afternoon, what a marvellous machine and makes you proud to be British.................. the patio did get finished as I am stalking with clients tomorrow and over the weekend.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

That would have been great to see
    Enjoy yourself ........it's later than you think !!

Have to agree . An unmistakeable sound. Remember hearing the sound while out on the hill locally . A spitfire appeared low over the hill , followed seconds later by a hurricane. It made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

Nelson.

Bet it takes you back Malc..... Watching the Battle of Britain as a teenager......!

Why were the helicopters filming your patio ?

Last summer i was out clay pigeon shooting with a friend, when a Lancaster bomber came over the trees flying quite low. What a sight that was!

​Tom

Saw the same thing today!

Incidentally chaps, if you go onto the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight website, there's an entire calendar of future displays and fly pasts listed. So you can check through said list, find a place near you that has an up coming display or fly past booked (it even shows the time it's due to be there) and you can be there ready for it.

Had a display over the house once. Website said a display was happening at 1430hrs on that particular day, so I was out and waiting when it rocked up!
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Bet it takes you back Malc..... Watching the Battle of Britain as a teenager......!
    what makes you think he was that young?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

patio cleaning for me, nice day so out came the karcher first time this year

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    You beat me !! It was his 21st birthday when they flew there last mission.