Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Co. Durham medals?

  1. #1

    Co. Durham medals?

    Is anyone aware of County Durham having ever produced a medal roe head, or any other species for that matter?

    Cheers

    Novice

  2. #2
    i cant tell you for sure ,but i would be very surprised if it hasnt produced any , i have seen some good bucks around that region off the road ,atb arron.

  3. #3
    The closest medal I know of was shot a few years ago at aldbrough St. John ,which is the Yorkshire side of the river tees near Darlington.I think it was a gold but can't be sure
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money

  4. #4
    yes I once saw a roe head which was shot in county durham which made the biggest in the uk if I remember rightly .

  5. #5
    Very interesting Chris. Any idea which part of the county and how long ago? According to whitehead, north Durham was one of the pplaces where no have never died out. If they've been around all that time, surely a few decent hears should have turned up

    Novice

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Very interesting Chris. Any idea which part of the county and how long ago? According to whitehead, north Durham was one of the pplaces where no have never died out. If they've been around all that time, surely a few decent hears should have turned up

    Novice
    hi novice it was around 6-7 years ago I think and it was shot very near the river tees

  7. #7
    i had the stalking for 3 years at Lartington hall nr Barnard castle and got 1 silver head, the rest were just decent the keeper at the time phil told me a german visitor had taken a gold 2 years before we had it,this was unconfirmed,i believe this stalking is about to come back on the market via george white estate agents ONCE AGAIN i was told this by a local guy so its unconfirmed.
    ​It was expensive and the neighbouring farmers are not the best to get on with especially the guy Rob from the stables.
    PS,, just a thought all the deer i/we took off were in fantastic condition size and meat wise and very little tick.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboy View Post
    i had the stalking for 3 years at Lartington hall nr Barnard castle and got 1 silver head, the rest were just decent the keeper at the time phil told me a german visitor had taken a gold 2 years before we had it,this was unconfirmed,i believe this stalking is about to come back on the market via george white estate agents ONCE AGAIN i was told this by a local guy so its unconfirmed.
    ​It was expensive and the neighbouring farmers are not the best to get on with especially the guy Rob from the stables.
    PS,, just a thought all the deer i/we took off were in fantastic condition size and meat wise and very little tick.
    I also have stalked lartington and there was some decent quality animals on there but phil use to let other people go as well so I stopped going.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    I also have stalked lartington and there was some decent quality animals on there but phil use to let other people go as well so I stopped going.
    I think we've all been on lartington at one time or another,I had a few off but always had the feeling I wasn't alone on the estate if you know what I mean
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    I think we've all been on lartington at one time or another,I had a few off but always had the feeling I wasn't alone on the estate if you know what I mean
    oh yes mate I do know what you mean

Similar Threads

  1. medals how are they determined?
    By Simjim33 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21-08-2013, 15:06
  2. Gold Medals
    By 6pointer in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 15:40
  3. Medals
    By tika.308 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 13:05
  4. Gold medals
    By taln in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 21:50
  5. medals
    By jewfish in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-02-2010, 19:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •