Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Après Moi Le Deluge

Après Moi Le Deluge

Chilling evening but damn good atmosphere.

Apart from the fact I need a piss....

Looking forward to the dinner.

Seeing the Lanc landing here again is great. First time I've heard a Merlin and a Griffin engined Spitfire together. More grunt with the Griffin.

​Stan

you can't beat that sound of a British liquid-cooled, merlin V-12, 27-litre (1,650 cu in) capacity sex on wheels but the griffin growler comes close older but hmm know what you mean 37-lt (2,240 cu in)

atvb you lucky sod.
    paul

Made some weak at the knees but just lifts my spirit, so much emotion, it's that unexplainable feeling, a romance between man & metal that lifts him like an eagle, letting not just his body but his spirit soar.
    sorry guys got carried away, but you know what I mean. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    you can't beat that sound of a British liquid-cooled, merlin V-12, 27-litre (1,650 cu in) capacity sex on wheels but the griffin growler comes close older but hmm know what you mean 37-lt (2,240 cu in)

atvb you lucky sod.
    paul

yeegods man nr bring me a tears with them words tell your a welshman "now no singing men of harlech" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    Made some weak at the knees but just lifts my spirit, so much emotion, it's that unexplainable feeling, a romance between man & metal that lifts him like an eagle, letting not just his body but his spirit soar.
    sorry guys got carried away, but you know what I mean. Lol.

called on at conningsby B of B memorial flight museum the other week worth every penny,i did see there was also another lancaster museum not far from there also
    Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser

BBMF used to fly over my school every year on their way to the air show at RAF Finningly (Doncaster). Ever since then the sound of a Merlin engine makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.
    Last year I was on duty as a Spit did a low level fly past and a "strafing run" at RAF Marham. It came in low and f'in fast over the football pitch and I had a grin plastered all over my mug for the rest of the morning.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

duxford fighter meeting all that av-gas starts me knees to go nr as good as jumpers for goal post's lol

told you!, there's nothing in this world like that sound to inspire someone it's like the sound of a" short chambered boxer Henry point 45 calibre miracle" to a Welshman
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    duxford fighter meeting all that av-gas starts me knees to go nr as good as jumpers for goal post's lol

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    " short chambered boxer Henry point 45 calibre miracle" to a Welshman
    And a bayonet sir; with some guts behind it
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    And a bayonet sir; with some guts behind it
    Zulu my favourite film