Thread: BSA Scopes

BSA Scopes

Does anyone know when BSA marketed a 4x33 (yes, 33, not 32) 1" bodied scope? I'm watching one on e-bay at the moment which the buyer says probably dates from the 1960s. Would this be a fair estimate of it's age?
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

I don't know but having looked on e-bay it certainly looks like the 70's or later to me. It also looks to be of slightly better quality than the crock of **** that they have marketed in recent years.
    Have you looked at similar scopes badged up differently such as a Tasco of that era and compared them?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

SD Regular
    I'd ask the seller what ELSE is marked on it.

You'll probably find "Made in Japan" somewhere. Now Japanese optics vary from good, to very good, to "you get what you pay for".

So you makes your bid and takes your risk! I think that is is very unlikely that it is a Zeiss made item "especially for BSA" however!

Account Suspended
    I have 2 modern BSA scopes & I was that impressed, I bought some x8 binos too, they were just under 100 & so far outshine any others under 450 . Work that out !

Quote Originally Posted by Lord muck View Post
    I have 2 modern BSA scopes & I was that impressed, I bought some x8 binos too, they were just under 100 & so far outshine any others under 450 . Work that out !
    I can only suggest an eye test

Neil.

Sorry I know little about the BSA scopes. I have a 4x20 that is on a meteor std .177 but do not know what mark it is.