Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Visit from local authority threatening action

Visit from local authority threatening action

I've just had a visit from an officer from my neighbouring authorities trading standards office (which handles some matters for my authority if no one there is qualified) upshot of it is that I am not allowed to have deer heads on my property and they are using the "annually by-products(Wales) regulations as the reason and I'm being told that if I do have again they will prosecute me!
    i explained that it is not a byproduct and I could but they were insistent that it was defined in this legislation and that they would use all powers to stop me having failed previously.
    Please can anyone provide details of any legislation that contradicts this?
    I pointed out that it wasn't a byproduct and that taxidermi allows for this but they say NO and will prosecute, I pointed out I could hang game for 28 days if I wished and they agreed but not in a built up area in their opinion & that didn't include deer heads, I realy want to make an issue of this now rather than scurry away with my tail between my legs like shooters usually have to can someone help?

Tell 'em to f**k off. I would suggest phoning the BASC legal boys.

I concur with a good 50% of the above guidance but be prepared to put a bit more meat on the bones and probably best done off line.

K

Have done, (awaiting BASC response) one of the guys is a keen shooter and told his boss it wasnt covered but his boss cited this legislation which states it is,he said he hopes i can refute it but he has to do his job (very nice chap) i argued it whatyou define them as but he said no it is in the legislation!
    ​QUOTE=Deako;585557]Tell 'em to f**k off. I would suggest phoning the BASC legal boys.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    Have done, (awaiting BASC response) one of the guys is a keen shooter and told his boss it wasnt covered but his boss cited this legislation which states it is,he said he hopes i can refute it but he has to do his job (very nice chap) i argued it whatyou define them as but he said no it is in the legislation!
    ​QUOTE=Deako;585557]Tell 'em to f**k off. I would suggest phoning the BASC legal boys.
    [/QUOTE]

​Well best of luck with it mate, I'm sure it can be sorted.

Update from local authority saying the legislation states "anything that is not for human consumption, including skins, hides, & hunt trophies"

Is this because you are in a council run property or you hav been leaving heads in the garden to rot off??

A bit more on the legislation is here and it looks like it is mostly to deal with food waster and farmed animal by products.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/wsi/20.../contents/made

To link it to game carcasses for personal consumption or taxidermy is ludicrous, see what BASC come up with but if they want to apply the legislation its got implications for anyone that shoots and processes game. Your other option if you want to waste their time and play them at their own game is to ask to register your premesis etc for the purpose as that should keep their legal bods busy for a while working out if you can or can't

Neither my house and left for 4 days after trip till I got round to boiling them off!
    Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    Is this because you are in a council run property or you hav been leaving heads in the garden to rot off??

To update BASC responded with the legislation details and relevant chapters and the local authority have contacted the assembly government for advice