Thread: S+ B Scope Problem

S+ B Scope Problem

My foxing Buddy is having a problem with one of his S+B 8x56, not holding a zero. Been looked after, not dropped knocked, but shots wander off. His other one, on the same rifle is fine! So, has anyone sent their Schmit away for repair, as he's been informed that, they wont own up to a warranty fault, and he'll be hit with a hefty repair bill!
    Kev.

I sent a 3x12-50 back wich was not holding zero, and got a brand new scope back with no charge very impressed with the service. Woodydog.

Quote Originally Posted by woodydog View Post
    I sent a 3x12-50 back wich was not holding zero, and got a brand new scope back with no charge very impressed with the service. Woodydog.
    Result!!
    Did it go back via the dealer?
    Kev.

I was told that if you send it back through the dealer that can take up to six weeks but is free of charge.
    I sent mine back direct to Germany, cost me nearly 30.00 but I had it back within a week and was kept informed of it's progress during repair.

Quote Originally Posted by kevhumps View Post
    Result!!
    Did it go back via the dealer?
    Kev.
    No I sent it direct all I paid was postage and they returned it free of charge

I had a Problem with dirt on the inside of the objective lense of my PMII. It went Back via a well known place in York even though I didn't buy it there and I had it back in just under 5 weeks without it costing me anything. I thing the scope was 8 years old at the time

​Rick

in my experience i have found it is always better to send stuff directly to the manufactures , ive done it with sordin,schmidt,leupold,swarovski,leica.

I had a problem with a new scope last year straight out of the box , i sent it back to s and b , they returned it to me saying it was repaired, it wasn't so i rang them and they instructed me to resend it . I resent it back and again they returned it repaired, NO it was not. I got fed up of refitting the scope, re zeroing etc so i rang them and they eventually sent out a new one. I would advise anyone with a problem scope to ring them and keep emailing them.