Any recommendations for padlocks on a Peli 1750 case?

Philwilk

I recently obtained a Peli case and was wondering what type of locks are best suited to secure my rifle in transit overseas?

The Peli TSA locks look very flimsy. Any suggestions based upon good (or bad!) experience?

Thanks,

Phil

I recently obtained a Peli case and was wondering what type of locks are best suited to secure my rifle in transit overseas?

The Peli TSA locks look very flimsy. Any suggestions based upon good (or bad!) experience?

Thanks,

Phil

Bin the padlock idea padlocks are too easily opened,this is what I've used for many years traveling ,after having the inspection done put a cable seal through the hasp on the case ,they have to be cut off by everyone .

If you know someone who works in the airport of a security environment ask them for a slack handful .

http://www.universeal.co.uk/products/cable-seals/metal-body-fg-range

Interesting idea Widow's Son but what tool would you have to carry to guarantee being able to cut the tags off on arrival?
I often travel with a flight case containing a demo kit for my work. The flight case is sealed with standard cable ties and it is bad enough trying to find a pair of scissors or a Stanley knife to cut the cable ties off if a Customs official demands an inspection.

Phil

If you do decide to use a padlock go with a code lock rather than key. That's what I do, you can open and close and secure at will even at destination.

I used the flimsy approved TSA locks, there is no issue then, the whole process was very easy and when you travel with a gun you avoid having to wait in the baggage queue!
Cheers
Richard

Phil was africa good?
You finally collected the case then hope its as good as you expected...

Last year, when I came back from South Africa with my old gun case with integral combi-locks, it was at the same time as the athletes were arriving for the Olympics and after waiting ages for my rifle to arrive and several trips to the baggage inquiry desk, I was told that it was assumed that I was part of someone's shooting team and my rifle was about to be sent off to some secure storage area at Heathrow!

Phil

Patjack! Hiya! I only collected the case from Adam in Colchester last Wednesday. The case is excellent and I am very pleased with it. South Africa was good even though it was chilly with winter coming on apace. Work kept me very busy in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg and I am looking forwards to going back to hunt in the Eastern Cape in July. Off to Iran on Monday!

Cheers,

Phil

Patjack! Hiya! I only collected the case from Adam in Colchester last Wednesday. The case is excellent and I am very pleased with it. South Africa was good even though it was chilly with winter coming on apace. Work kept me very busy in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg and I am looking forwards to going back to hunt in the Eastern Cape in July. Off to Iran on Monday!

Cheers,

Phil

Thanks phil for letting me know glad it was ok.
Its in the back of my mind about the muntjac shooting so did not forget what you said, All the best for now.

PJ.

Back