Rifle make Poll - most popular

What is your favourite rifle scope make?

• Total voters

BunnyDoom

Just interested to see what everyone is using (been stuck in the house way too long!)

Please post any issues you've had with makes of scope

Doctor (bloody kindle won't let me spell it right) for me. I even flogged a S&B to fund one because I liked the first one I had so much.

1) swarovski Z6i BT 2.5-15 x 56
On my Tikka T3 Varmint in .243
2) lightstream 5-20 x 50
On my Sako 75 in .223
Both fantastic scopes no issues with either.

I am a died in the wool Leupold user and have a 6.5-20x50 on my 22BR, i have no desires for anything more expensive as the leupold does everything i need it to do.
I do however have a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 on my 257 improved LR varmint rifle and its equally as good as the leupold.

Ian.

im enjoying a nightforce at the moment and have no complaints, its very robust and the turrets are easy to use. also got a meopta which if im being honest is as good as a s/b 8x56 that iv got, there all good nowadays it just seems you pick whichever reticule you like

Vortex. I have two both 2.5-10x44. I have used them out to 1000y in poring rain and cold. No problems with either and a fully transferable warranty. With better glass then the Luppy they replaced.

For me its probably six of one, half a dozen and two threes between the Zeiss, S&B, Swarovski, Habicht and probably Karl Kaps (although haven't seen on in the flesh) and Nickel, in terms of optical performance, and Meopta are very close behind. I am not though very keen on the looks / ergonomics of the Swaro Z6i, or Zeiss illuminated or the S&B Zenith. I much prefer the looks of the older Swarovski, Zeiss Diatal and S&B - they are much more in keeping with the styling of a classic rifle, which us again what I like. I think the scope should have a really nice rust blued type finish, or given that most are now alloy a nice hard smooth enamel type finish in a blue balck colour. I am not sure I like the crinkle type finish in bluey grey colours now seen on some scopes.

If Carlsberg made scopes then it would have to be a 'Hensoldt',but there are so many missing from the list:
March
Kahles
Nickel
Karl Kaps
Vortex Razor
Premier
IOR
US Optics
Leica

Back