Thread: remington 700 box mag problem

remington 700 box mag problem

I've been having some problems with rounds getting launched out of the magazine , once the top cartridge leaves the mag the rest try to follow. I've seen there's a few posts here and there about remington magazine problems but not many solutions.
    I feel that the spring is too strong as the last round sits in fine so I don't think it's the hooks on the top but I can be wrong. Is there anything I can do to the spring?
    Anyone found or can think of a fix ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-hunter View Post
    I've been having some problems with rounds getting launched out of the magazine , once the top cartridge leaves the mag the rest try to follow. I've seen there's a few posts here and there about remington magazine problems but not many solutions.
    I feel that the spring is too strong as the last round sits in fine so I don't think it's the hooks on the top but I can be wrong. Is there anything I can do to the spring?
    Anyone found or can think of a fix ?

Cheers
    Make sure when you put the rounds in they are all touching the back of the mag. Had no problems with mine since adopting this practise

PM sent
    1. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)
    2. Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.