Went to an Auction Today !

6pt-sika

Just got home from the auction !
First item we got was a circa 1927 Philadelphia Fox Sterlingworth 12 gauge 28" barrels 2 3/4" chambers and what appear to be IC and M chokes . Guns been used but not abused !

Next we got a Springfield Model 1863 Ver II that was made in 1864 . Overall the guns in pretty decent shape . The mainspring is however a little weak and not very good at full cock . Already have an original mainsprig lined up for about $35 so it's a non issue !

And finally we got a little Pioneer Arms Co 410 side by side . Looks like a LC Smith but I dunno . Wasn't overly expensive so it's worth the chance .

Took the 1863 Springfield apart today and cleaned tightened and lubricated the lock . Now it works as it should click click ! I do however think the middle barrel band with the swivel is incorrect for the gun . I'll discuss it tomorrow at the shop with the local Civil War historian and see what he says . Think I can get an original replacement for less then $50 so that won't be so bad !

What on earth is that strange hairy critter in the bottom R/H corner of your last-but-one pic???

Thats MY Border Terrier thats almost 14 years old now !

Stopped plucking her lately , don't think she needs the stress at that age .

Back