Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TB in Deer

TB in Deer

Came across this - - it's maybe on here already but worth a look. TB in a Doe , about as bad as it gets. However perhaps in older animals or in mild cases TB might be much more difficult to diagnose ? - - Are any of you aware of TB ( in deer) being rife in your particular area ? If yes, are you over-run with Badgers also ?

" not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

very interesting ,i havnt seen any with tb around my area and it is good to see the vid i think thats worthy of a sticky for newcomers and dsc candidates it was one of my last questions on my dsc2 ,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Thanks Wayne - - on researching TB symtoms I kept being told about " lesions" - - it's only when you actually see the evidence in the above video that it becomes clear. After watching that I'm unlikely to forget the symtoms of TB now.

ATB
    JR

no i agree it is a great video to see especially as it was so bad , he forgot his own advice though ,wear gloves lol .I do think its worth asking admin to sticky that as its hard to forget after watching,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    no i agree it is a great video to see especially as it was so bad , he forgot his own advice though ,wear gloves lol .I do think its worth asking admin to sticky that as its hard to forget after watching,atb wayne
    Yep - - I spotted that one too - - I think if I opened up one looking like that you wouldn't see me for dust - - I'ld be a hundred yards away phoning DEFRA in my mask and rubber gloves LOL.

Bump

Nice one John, enjoyed the vid.

See you've been having a good time on the bucks mate

Atb

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by JRoe View Post
    Thanks Wayne - - on researching TB symtoms I kept being told about " lesions" - - it's only when you actually see the evidence in the above video that it becomes clear. After watching that I'm unlikely to forget the symtoms of TB now.

ATB
    JR
    The symptoms can be much more subtle in my experience.
    And its what the stalker does when he suspects a TB infected deer is at his feet.
    Not all do the correct thing as the law of the land dictates.
    Cheers
    Richard

BDS do a reference booklet showing pictures of all the deer diseases with an explanation of the causes and symptoms. From memory it only costs about 10 and is ideal for L1 and L2 candidates as well as the more experienced stalkers.

​Willie

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    BDS do a reference booklet showing pictures of all the deer diseases with an explanation of the causes and symptoms. From memory it only costs about 10 and is ideal for L1 and L2 candidates as well as the more experienced stalkers.

​Willie
    Good A5 ish size in waterproof paper. I keep a copy in my Roe sack pocket. Has all the contact numbers in the back also.