fire arms cert

valmet804

Hi guys i gave up my firearms cert a couple of months ago due to not useing it but now i found this site i am getting itchy feet again how hard is it to reapply for it and also i have no land for shooting on if you go through a rifleclub would that work. or do you have to have permission from a land owner.

Hi,
If you simply gave it up and it wasn't "asked " of you, there should not be an issue.
Being the member of a rifle club is "good reason" but if you wish to do some shooting other than within the confines of the club, you will need written permission on land.

Or bookings for paid stalks ( but some are catching on to this if used as a scam)
Hi,
If you simply gave it up and it wasn't "asked " of you, there should not be an issue.
Being the member of a rifle club is "good reason" but if you wish to do some shooting other than within the confines of the club, you will need written permission on land.

I can recommend strathpfeffer club ,a great bunch of blokes ,most of whom stalk.

Thanks for that
I have a number for them as i was wanting to see if air rifle shooting is of interest to my nearly 8 yr old boy, and thought starting in a club enviroment where safety etc can be taught correctly from a young age. Also a chance to make friends with kids with similar interest thats if he is into it.

I also know there is a cawdor club near Nairn but i havnt looked into what they do. Does anyone have more info on how it is there?
Cheers

hi valmet804,

see link below for cawdor, 600yd, 500yd 300yd and 200yd and finally 100yd range and they also have gallery days. generally operate most sundays and also tuesday evenings during the summer months.
again nice bunch of guys and lots of helpfull advice.

http://www.cawdorrifleandgunclub.co.uk/

Back