Thread: quad bike mechanic needed?

quad bike mechanic needed?

ive tried atv forums and havent got an answer so i thought there might be a few guys on the stalking directory who know a bit about bikes due to some of you using them to extract deer etc,this is what ive bought mine for now ive bought a kawasaki klf 300 4x4 been told its a 2002 , in 3rd and 4th gear it makes a grinding noise when i give it some throttle any ideas , it does it on flat and up hill, it still pulls up hills ok , but grinding and feels like its clunking into and out of gear in 3rd and 4th , ive also got another bike for spare parts that i can rob for bits if needed , anyone got any ideas ???
    LIVE AND LET LIVE! THERES ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY!

could be anything from a bent selector fork to worn gears hard to diagnose from the tinternet but if you have a full engine then your onto a winner,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

full engine with all parts and running gear , im thinking im just gonna change the full transmission gear box and see how that goes !! ive tried loads of 4x4 forums and cant find anything so thought i would see if anyone on stalking directory had any knowledge they could share on the matter

robert having a spare i would change it and then find the fault with that one and replace the parts,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Before you do any of that id suggest checking chain tension and lubricating the chain if it has one this can often cause these syptoms.failing that check all bearings etc.

Does it have a beam axle like a Honda ?i would check oil levels in transfer box and on the rear diff , could be a lack of oil making noise ? I had a Honda with a similar noise and it was a lack of oil in diff but it was that bad I changed diff , if you need any further help do hesitate to pm

it is not chain driven its shaft driven i have serviced the bike therefore i have changed diff oil front and rear , the transfer box is this oil not shared with the engine oil?