Thread: Deer hunter Rusky clothing

Deer hunter Rusky clothing

Any one got the rusky jacket and bib/brace trousers and are they any good?.
    As I am thinking of upgrading my boar hunting apparel for this coming season at the moment I use the Montana jacket and trousers which are great but whilst standing around for 3 hrs can let the cold in bit .

Bob

bought a pair of the bib and brace trousers this winter for high seat work after to many cold outings ,i would highly recommended them though you wont to walk to far once it warms up

Hi Bob - got the trousers in green and camo, very good so have ordered a jacket as well. Sportsman gun cntre have them and the bib and braces stuff at realistic prices in their Deerhunter clearance department. Chris.

Hi Bob,
    I have a pair that I use for cold weather trekking in Canada. so far so good. the only problems I have with them are that they don't sit over pack boots/large boots too well. the temp is extremely cold so the snow is powder and doesn't clag my boots up. not sure how they would fair when the snow is wetter. as stated you don't want to do too much activity when the temp is relatively high but when it drops they are ok. so far 1 pair of merino long johns and rusky pants coped ok with minus 38c. easy to put on/take off over layers.
    hope that helps
    Ade
    Big bloke... but outta shape

Have got a set in camo, sat in highseat for 3 hrs in -10 temp and didn't feel the cold, got the gloves as well. The only problem with them I've found is you get to hot if you have to walk a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILAIRE View Post
    Hi Bob - got the trousers in green and camo, very good so have ordered a jacket as well. Sportsman gun cntre have them and the bib and braces stuff at realistic prices in their Deerhunter clearance department. Chris.
    Hi Chris
    That's were I have being looking at them
    bob

Hi Reiver,

I would endorse the comments so far but definitely bib and braces rather than trousers! They keep the lower back much warmer and don't ride down if you are sat for any length of time, trousers and belt can dig in a bit.

Regards

​Alex

Iv got the rusky trousers it's very warm for highseat and lamping on the back of the truck but only less than 5 degrees lol and walking even in very cold temperatures you soon bloody warm up lol, don't make my amateur mistake and ware long johns with them too lol!

Gents

Did you order your normal waist size for the bib & brace overalls or one/two sizes larger ? how's the leg length ?
    I am a 40" waist and 31" inside leg (regular) for trousers

Thanks

Had them for a few years now, only used for static cold work, move around too much & you'll need basting!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!