Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bunny huggers

bunny huggers

on the way to pickering game show friday night, where the girlfriend was in the dog agility show , a car going the opposite way hit a roe buck right in front of us , i got the girlfriend to stop so ox and i could track it and do any thing that was needed , put it out of its misery if nessersery. not much tracking needed though as it had only got 30 yards and was head butting some railings trying to get through .the car had hit it on the left hind quarter with visible wounds to the leg and rump , the poor thing , it couldnt hold its self up on the back end , i was about to put and end to ids pain when the couple who had hit it turned up and called the rspca! even though we told them that my girlfriend is a vet nurse and i go stalking and could deal with it then insisted on sending a vet out who turned up 3 hours after the deer had been hit . she turned up asked me and deb what we thought , we showed her it couldnt stand and she , the vet captive bolted it , my point is that if the couple hadnt come back , the deer woulnt of suffered for 3 hours moer than nessesery and if the rspca had listened we could of saved the time and cost . why cant these poeple who think they are animal lovers just face the fact that sometimes it not the best thing to do to try and save every living thing , sorry rant over
    when you stop learning you stop being challenged

Absolutely mate. Well said. However at least the couple came back and did something. All too many people just drive on without giving the animal a second thought.

atb adam

A few years ago I passed by an obviously "fresh" road accident: The older couple were really nervous and expecting the police to arrive as soon as possible... I asked them, what happened to the deer..? They answered, not too bad, nothing to worry, it couldnt move well, so they loaded it already in the trunk to take it to the next vet!
    I couldnt believe it... The police arrived, the trunk was opened, and there was that poor little deer sitting, open eyes, frightened to death, heavily wounded....
    The police was happy to have me, getting it humanly dispatched right there and stop the suffering.....
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigger View Post
    on the way to pickering game show friday night, where the girlfriend was in the dog agility show , a car going the opposite way hit a roe buck right in front of us , i got the girlfriend to stop so ox and i could track it and do any thing that was needed , put it out of its misery if nessersery. not much tracking needed though as it had only got 30 yards and was head butting some railings trying to get through .the car had hit it on the left hind quarter with visible wounds to the leg and rump , the poor thing , it couldnt hold its self up on the back end , i was about to put and end to ids pain when the couple who had hit it turned up and called the rspca! even though we told them that my girlfriend is a vet nurse and i go stalking and could deal with it then insisted on sending a vet out who turned up 3 hours after the deer had been hit . she turned up asked me and deb what we thought , we showed her it couldnt stand and she , the vet captive bolted it , my point is that if the couple hadnt come back , the deer woulnt of suffered for 3 hours moer than nessesery and if the rspca had listened we could of saved the time and cost . why cant these poeple who think they are animal lovers just face the fact that sometimes it not the best thing to do to try and save every living thing , sorry rant over
    It can be difficult to think straight in these sort of unexpected events but perhaps with hindsight you might of taken the initiative and humanely destroyed the animal and then continued with your journey. atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    It can be difficult to think straight in these sort of unexpected events but perhaps with hindsight you might of taken the initiative and humanely destroyed the animal and then continued with your journey. atb Tim
    Think dirt digger did right thing even if it was frustrating, because a lot of people who don't know any better need someone with a phd for final decision and if they were extreme bunny huggers just the presence of the dog whilst looking for deer to dispatch maybe enough for hunggers to cry hunting with dogs. Saying that I bet RSPCA would of taken less than 3 hours if foul play had been reported.

Quote Originally Posted by nicklowlander View Post
    Think dirt digger did right thing even if it was frustrating, because a lot of people who don't know any better need someone with a phd for final decision and if they were extreme bunny huggers just the presence of the dog whilst looking for deer to dispatch maybe enough for hunggers to cry hunting with dogs. Saying that I bet RSPCA would of taken less than 3 hours if foul play had been reported.
    Yes, I agree that Dirt Digger did the right thing, I just think that he could have done without the interference of the Bunny Huggers. atb Tim

I'd have left them to wait for the vet, they obviously know better
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I had similar one with a seagull hit by a car........ it was floating in a stream and the huggers were trying to catch it with a cardboard box and it was having none
    of it.
    I caught the gull for them and offered to put it out of it's misery but they refused saying " you really need to know what you're doing to put animals down humanely!" I told them it would be quick and that I actually do know what I'm doing, but they wanted to wait for the RSPCA to show up.

The poor fools caused the gull EXTRA suffering, perhaps they should be prosecuted for causing unnecessary suffering to animals!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigger View Post
    why cant these poeple who think they are animal lovers just face the fact that sometimes it not the best thing to do to try and save every living thing , sorry rant over
    Partly because they live Disneyworld lives in a Disneyworld society, and partly because they have been conditioned by the establishment to believe that ordinary citizens should not use their initiative in a crisis but wait sucking their thumbs and fretting like infants until someone 'official' turns up to take charge.