Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Best rifle coating?

  1. #1

    Best rifle coating?

    Has anyone ever had their rifles coated by hydrographics?

    I'm after a green/grey powder coating, or camo coating on barrel/action/mounts and wondered if anyone had any reccomendations? Any pics would be greatly appreciated so I can see the finish?

    Also how much does it cost and can it be done on rifles that have been bedded (I can't seem to get my bedded rifle out of the stock)?!

  2. #2
    They did a cracking job of my Ruger No. 1's stock in Realtree but not sure about metalwork.

    K

  3. #3
    Cheap job i did on the Rem, ye it will not last like getting it dipped but its only 10 mins of a job to touch it up with sniper OD green spray

  4. #4
    Attachment 28480
    This is a Hydro graphic job on a stainless/synthetic Sako 75. Everything except the scope and bipod!
    Can't tell you how much it cost as I bought it like it. They can coat pretty much anything with it!
    MS

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Attachment 28480
    This is a Hydro graphic job on a stainless/synthetic Sako 75. Everything except the scope and bipod!
    Can't tell you how much it cost as I bought it like it. They can coat pretty much anything with it!
    MS
    Jeez, don't put your rifle down for long, you might lose it! LOL
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    Jeez, don't put your rifle down for long, you might lose it! LOL
    Indeed!
    I can only use that one when it snows for fear of losing it amongst the foliage!
    MS

  8. #8
    That always worries me! I once spent 3/4 of an hour grid searching a field that I had laid my shotgun down in when I stalked into a rabbit with my 22. Wasnt much fun at the time!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    Has anyone ever had their rifles coated by hydrographics?

    I'm after a green/grey powder coating, or camo coating on barrel/action/mounts and wondered if anyone had any reccomendations? Any pics would be greatly appreciated so I can see the finish?

    Also how much does it cost and can it be done on rifles that have been bedded (I can't seem to get my bedded rifle out of the stock)?!
    Carakote is by far better on barrels and actions.

  10. #10
    Just to throw it in I used Duracote on my rifle action and barrel. Very easy with the new spray kit. No need for backing g just clean with the supplied de greasing can and spray away. Masking was the hardest part. All done in an evening and dried over night with reasonably next day. Kit was about £50 and could have done several rifles.

Similar Threads

  1. Cerakote Firearms Coating
    By Rifles in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 22-01-2013, 16:07
  2. Moly coating
    By Hw60sniper in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17-09-2012, 17:35
  3. Sauer ilaflon coating?
    By flytie in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-08-2011, 16:20
  4. Black Shadow gun coating offered by GLobal Rifles
    By 6mmHOT in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-07-2011, 05:59
  5. Removing Moly coating
    By Jos in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 09:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •