Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best rifle coating?

Best rifle coating?

Has anyone ever had their rifles coated by hydrographics?

I'm after a green/grey powder coating, or camo coating on barrel/action/mounts and wondered if anyone had any reccomendations? Any pics would be greatly appreciated so I can see the finish?

Also how much does it cost and can it be done on rifles that have been bedded (I can't seem to get my bedded rifle out of the stock)?!

They did a cracking job of my Ruger No. 1's stock in Realtree but not sure about metalwork.

K

Cheap job i did on the Rem, ye it will not last like getting it dipped but its only 10 mins of a job to touch it up with sniper OD green spray

Attachment 28480
    This is a Hydro graphic job on a stainless/synthetic Sako 75. Everything except the scope and bipod!
    Can't tell you how much it cost as I bought it like it. They can coat pretty much anything with it!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Attachment 28480
    This is a Hydro graphic job on a stainless/synthetic Sako 75. Everything except the scope and bipod!
    Can't tell you how much it cost as I bought it like it. They can coat pretty much anything with it!
    MS
    Jeez, don't put your rifle down for long, you might lose it! LOL
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    Jeez, don't put your rifle down for long, you might lose it! LOL
    Indeed!
    I can only use that one when it snows for fear of losing it amongst the foliage!
    MS

That always worries me! I once spent 3/4 of an hour grid searching a field that I had laid my shotgun down in when I stalked into a rabbit with my 22. Wasnt much fun at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    Has anyone ever had their rifles coated by hydrographics?

I'm after a green/grey powder coating, or camo coating on barrel/action/mounts and wondered if anyone had any reccomendations? Any pics would be greatly appreciated so I can see the finish?

Also how much does it cost and can it be done on rifles that have been bedded (I can't seem to get my bedded rifle out of the stock)?!
    Carakote is by far better on barrels and actions.

Just to throw it in I used Duracote on my rifle action and barrel. Very easy with the new spray kit. No need for backing g just clean with the supplied de greasing can and spray away. Masking was the hardest part. All done in an evening and dried over night with reasonably next day. Kit was about £50 and could have done several rifles.