Thread: Racy Little Number

What rifle would have a double trigger??
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

It's a reasonably common form of set trigger. One of them sets the trigger, and the other goes off when you tap it. These days, they usually work by pushing the single trigger forward to set it. This lady has excellent taste in rifles though!

Looks like either a better grade of Pre-War Mauser sporter or a rebuilt military gun judging by the trigger guard. Although the photo is not too clear it also appears to have a front scope base that was installed in a dove-tail cut in the front receiver ring. Unfortunately many scopes mounted this way had the cut made too deeply and seriously compromise the integrity of the receiver. FWIW: Many factory Mausers were done in this way but German law now forbids the practice....

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    It's a reasonably common form of set trigger. One of them sets the trigger, and the other goes off when you tap it. These days, they usually work by pushing the single trigger forward to set it. This lady has excellent taste in rifles though!
    ​Ahh cheers mate was wondering what a set trigger was as the zkk i'm looking at wed might have one fitted
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Klenchblaize,

They haven't twigged yet that you are referring to the beard.....

​Stan

Quote Originally Posted by MARCBO View Post
    Looks like either a better grade of Pre-War Mauser sporter or a rebuilt military gun judging by the trigger guard. Although the photo is not too clear it also appears to have a front scope base that was installed in a dove-tail cut in the front receiver ring. Unfortunately many scopes mounted this way had the cut made too deeply and seriously compromise the integrity of the receiver. FWIW: Many factory Mausers were done in this way but German law now forbids the practice....

SS
    Doesn't seem to have the thumb cut out on the left receiver wall for stripper clip loading to me so would be a commercial Mauser and not an ex military action. Also is it a square bridge action?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

That type of trigger mechanism was often called a Stretch trigger as one had to stretch the finger to touch the front on to fire. The rear trigger sett the mechanism the front set it off.

Mauser Obendorf offered at least a couple of different types of Double sett triggers.