Big & flat

CWMMAN3738

I need ideas for my next rifle I want something large that shoots as flat as possible like a 220swift that rockets 200gr+, 400yds+ just a simple one for you boffins out there I have a .270,.243,.308&.375H&H but just want something more at distance to go abroad again, ideas please!

just buy a scope with a dial in turret and pair of range finding bins and a drop chart and wind metre ,job done,you will need all that gear anyway to shoot 400 yard plus accurately,as to calibre is you must have a new one 338 should do the job

Last edited:
I agree about the Ultramag but if your pockets are a little deeper how about the Lazzeroni 7.82 Warbird? It is .30cal and puts a 200 grain bullet out at 3358fps. If you want flat like your Swift it will put a 150 grain Ballistic Tip out at 3842fps. That will put a grin on your face :D. I think Callum has Reamers.

Yorkie.

I just got a variation for a 300 Win Mag
one of my criteria was exactly the same as yours

ballistically identical to the .270 I already use except shoots 200gr at the speed the .270 shoots 130gr
uses less powder than the RUM but achieves pretty much the same velocities

Hello chaps, I thought JCS would have had some input on this one!!, it may be early days, or is he lurking in the corner somewhere waiting to pounce??. Maybe this one will get him moving, he is worth listening to

Do you think I could get a blaser barrel in that :rofl: sounds/looks realy great but not realy practicle I want to be able to get heads/ammo not have to custom order it lol i think it may be a 300 as my Feo may raise an eyebrow at another dangerous game calibre for uk use lol but the object is to put 200gr as flat as pos to 400yds & on the ballistics apps I have (x4) the rem ultra mag seems about the best and there are a few about at reasonable prices, bt keep the ideas coming as it won't be for a few weeks yet(3-4). Thanks guys.

I agree about the Ultramag but if your pockets are a little deeper how about the Lazzeroni 7.82 Warbird? It is .30cal and puts a 200 grain bullet out at 3358fps. If you want flat like your Swift it will put a 150 grain Ballistic Tip out at 3842fps. That will put a grin on your face :D. I think Callum has Reamers. Yorkie.

300rum , 208g bullet at 3250fps but you only get to do it 1200-1500 times before a riflesmith explains the rebarreling process and cost to you ! i went in knowing this and have been delighted with mine ?

I need ideas for my next rifle I want something large that shoots as flat as possible like a 220swift that rockets 200gr+, 400yds+ just a simple one for you boffins out there I have a .270,.243,.308&.375H&H but just want something more at distance to go abroad again, ideas please!

What are you shooting and where are you going? something to bear in mind is you may have a problem getting ammo for oddball calibres in many countries.

Back