Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Professional Stalker Insurance

Professional Stalker Insurance

What's out there? BASC don't cover it.
    BDS only do up to 5000 income.
    I'm not taking paying clients out, just contract culling and sale of venison.
    MS

Pretty sure NGO do but, think you have to pay an additional fee on top of the membership.
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

Just got a quote from Cliverton of Fakenham, Norfolk 01328 857921. Pest Control, Stalkers and Game Keepers insurance, public liability insurance for 5 million was about 150 and 10 million was about 200. I recall seeing something from BASC recently which stated that if you would expect to pay tax on the proceeds of your activity then their insurance wouldn't cover you. Anyone who sells a deer carcass or venison would be expected to declare this income to the IR and it would be taxable and so wouldn't be covered by BASC insurance. I'm sure someone will point out any flaws in my logic!!

SACS do a business insurance, but i think it only covers liability taking clients stalking, as far as selling venison i got my insurance through the NFU, but it isn't cheap.
    Cheers
    Richard

This is what concerns me! Having had BASC insurance cover for as long as I can remember, it turns out that I wouldn't have been covered as I earn money and sell venison. Scary really as insurance companies will do their utmost to not pay out.
    MS

It would appear that pretty much all that offer such a service link back to exactly the same provider!
    Lycetts (underwritten by Lloyds) offer a policy via a Broker. The Policy offered by Cliverton of Fakenham in norfolk (as posted by Daw above!) covers liability insurance for professional Pest Control, Game Keepers, Stalkers, Ghillies & Water Bailiffs. For my needs it works out to 169. The BDS policy for non-professional is very competetive at 21 and allows you to earn up to 5000 for stalking related activity which includes sale of venison.
    http://www.bds.org.uk/bds_stalking_insurance.html
    I've had to let my BASC insurance lapse now as it didn't give me the required cover and I can't afford both!
    Thanks for the pointers!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by daw View Post
    Just got a quote from Cliverton of Fakenham, Norfolk 01328 857921. Pest Control, Stalkers and Game Keepers insurance, public liability insurance for 5 million was about 150 and 10 million was about 200. I recall seeing something from BASC recently which stated that if you would expect to pay tax on the proceeds of your activity then their insurance wouldn't cover you. Anyone who sells a deer carcass or venison would be expected to declare this income to the IR and it would be taxable and so wouldn't be covered by BASC insurance. I'm sure someone will point out any flaws in my logic!!
    this would turn out like the payment for beaters HMRC would lose a forture as every stalker would claim ammo, fuel, price of stalking lease and more so don't think HMRC will want anything to do with this.

Andy7mm

I know its not really relevant, But Membership to NZDA also provides $10,000,000 public liability insurance cover, including $1,000,000 cover for the Rural Fires Act.
    Wouldnt it be possible to set up a generic insurance for UK stalkers once they had joined the relevant UKDA. ??

​Just a Thought.

​Kevin

Cliverton, Their staff are knowledgable, polite & to the point, and more importantly cost effective, you can also tailor your policy to some extent. Got my cover for foxing etc to councils.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Not cheap I am afraid, I am insured with Chaucer insurance, 1,000,000 public liability which is not a great deal these days, it also covers products liability up to 1.000,000
    The cost? 28.10 per month 240.62 if paid in a lump sum.