Yes you can bring the price of petrol down

SWR

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting £106.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.10 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever
thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take an aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place
not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not
purchasing their Petrol!
And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the
message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and
pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take?
If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,
all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso

Well, it`s got to be worth a try lads, because i personally am getting really sick and tired of the price of fuel.

The thing is, as we all know, most of the cost incurred at the pump is actually government tax, about 70%, so Gordan brown has got us by the bo****ks and he is squeezing, ouch!!!! :mad:

The governments answer to why we pay so much tax on fuel is that we need to pay money into the NHS, for f**ks sake, we already pay this from national insurance contributions.

Petrol station owners reckon that they only earn about 3 pence on every litre so can`t do anything to bring the price down.

I will give it a go for what it`s worth.

wadashot.

Before you get excited about how many million people you reach, just check what percentage of the pump price is tax !
Yes fuel companys make millions, but if you work it out per litre they actually refine and sell you will realise Governments make much more than them without doing bugger all !!!!

Another way of looking at it is if Esso and BP cant sell the petrol they themselves will be sqeezing the government for the fuel tax to be reduced or else they dont survive themselves so the government will have to do a u turn on fuel taxation or they finsh up with a Northern Rock that sells or cant sell petrol

BAD IDEA and it wont work
All you will do is bankrupt the forecourts that are privately owned.
There are only three garages in my nearest city and that is to serve over 100,000 people.
There are less forecourts now than in 1912, do you want even less?

The fuel companies dont own the forecourts, so take out esso and bp and we will be handing a monopoly over to shell, and makes it impossible to buy fuel without driving 20 miles.

Time would be better spent developing a new fuel that did not allow dispicable Arabs to make billions out of our hardship every year (KIN BUSTARDS)
This would also keep our money in this country.

Think before you try and implement this old nut that crops up every year
You will only shoot yourself and me in the foot
Stupid Idea thought up by a numbskull

poddle said:
BAD IDEA and it wont work
All you will do is bankrupt the forecourts that are privately owned.
There are only three garages in my nearest city and that is to serve over 100,000 people.
There are less forecourts now than in 1912, do you want even less?

The fuel companies dont own the forecourts, so take out esso and bp and we will be handing a monopoly over to shell, and makes it impossible to buy fuel without driving 20 miles.

Time would be better spent developing a new fuel that did not allow dispicable Arabs to make billions out of our hardship every year (KIN BUSTARDS)
This would also keep our money in this country.

Think before you try and implement this old nut that crops up every year
You will only shoot yourself and me in the foot
Stupid Idea thought up by a numbskull

OOPS looks like we have a garage man amonst our midst

Yeah, seems a bit suspect to me too. :confused:

Think before you shoot yourself and "ME" in the foot, he says.!!!
I think i`ll take that chance poddle!!!

SWR
next you will suggest we all ought to by cars that run on air but how much will that be a litre :confused:
not that i agree with the price of fuel but i agree less with the amount of taxation i hav to edure every time i fill up but buy trying to bankrupt the forecourts/fuelsupplier does not help us in any way at all
if you came up with your own bio-fuel and gave it me for what it cost to produce you would be my friend for ever ;)

I am selling my petrol auto 2.0 nissan, buying a cheapo diesel vauxhall and getting a tank full of bio diesel of ebay for 60p a litre .. been using it in Belgium and Germany dones thousands of miles on it last year, never missed a beat it is great

Up yours Mr Brown stick your petrol where the sun don't shine !!

Sorry if you own a fuel station poddle :confused:

I run a mondeo tddi and have ran diesels for years now, no going back to petrol for me. Had a tip from some contractors that were working at my works. Buy Asdas own pure vegetable oil, about 50p per litre and mix it in with forcourt diesel, you could go as much as 90% veggie oil and 10% diesel and it works fine with no problems at all.
You should officially pay vat on this, but what would be the point in doing it in the first place. Tooshay, up yours Brown.

wadashot

Only one problem, It can look a bit suspect when your stood at the checkout with ten, 3 litre bottles of the stuff, just tell em you own a chippy haha. :lol: Before you ask, no it dosen`t smell like a chip shop when your driving down the street.
God, just had a depressing thought, what if there`s a tax inspecter/stalker who is monitoring this forum? who cares. up yours too. :p

wadashot

The good news about veg oil chaps is that they've introduced a limit below which you no longer have to pay duty. I think it's 2000 litres per annum, but would need to check...me memory ain't what it used to be.

You do get a few odd looks in the COOP walking out with a trolley full of rape oil!

wadashot said:
Yeah, seems a bit suspect to me too. :confused:

Think before you shoot yourself and "ME" in the foot, he says.!!!
I think i`ll take that chance poddle!!!

Wadashot, I worked for Shell for 7 years as a trouble shooter and hate the bustards with a passion, I have no connection with the petrochemical industry whatsoever.I left under extremely acromoniuos circumstances.

I find the price of fuel outrageous, but I simply fail to see how putting forecouts out of business is going to help us in the long run.
Competition keeps prices down. Creating a monopoly will in the long term put prices UP

I live in a rural community and have to travel to get fuel. When I get there I am faced with massive lines of cars all scrapping over the pumps.

Would you like to see things returning to what we had during the last fuel protest. Because thats what will happen, and the price will soar.

Just to add, Im not actually that worried because I run my truck on veggie oil.
I only buy diesel to keep the mixture up in cold weather

Frankly gentlemen as far as I can see its this bloody labour government that has screwed us on every count with stealth taxes.

Plus the unstable world situation that has unbalanced the world oil market, thus affecting the barrel price on the world market, which has had a disastrous knock on affect right up to the pumps.

Ahhh bugger lets just NUKE the Arabs.

ONLY JOKEING ONLY JOKEING I know its not the PC thing to say Sorry. ;)

In all Honesty I dont buy petrol in any event only in small quantities as i have a LPG converrted Rangie but it needs a bit of petrol to fire the big V8 up bit like a spitfire really having to use nitrus oxide to crack the thing over but once she is rolling your right i am as cose as you can be running on air :evil:
But i am going to give my support to the fuel war and what bit i do get i will run on a fuel that neither ESSO or BP

Our dear PM Mr Brown, loves the motorist just as we love deer. He likes to see nothing better than huge herds of us, in the shape of traffic jams, then he commences management procedures. Habitat, he does all that is humanly possible to balls it up for us, he provides toll roads, congestion charges, parking fines and huge taxes on fuel, and these are without the stealth penalties, err, benefits. He does well really because his habitat "improvement" policies also serve as culling measures, his pricing procedures forcing people off the road.

We as motorist's pay our annual road tax to maintain the roads etc, yeah right, it props up this bloody sham of a Government (IMHO), uses the motorists' money to prop itself up and then slaps ridiculous taxes on the price of fuel. Now what about the price of a vehicle to start with, how can this Government justify the initial charge of the car, the same bloody thing cost's thousands of pounds less on the near continent, and the bloody things are made here!

Now, if you dare have the temerity to own a four wheel drive, you are nothing more than a loutish Eco terrorist who is intent on ruining the world, better charge some more for the road tax, that will help the motorist.

I tell you if I was a youngster all over again, the plight of the poor bloody motorist alone would be enough to drive me to seek a new life overseas.

I feel better now, I think I shall go for a drive. :rolleyes:

John

Back