Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any fridge freezer mechanics on board?

Any fridge freezer mechanics on board?

I noticed a funny notice coming for the fridge lady night. It sounded like something was rocking gently. I actually thought it was that so looked in the fridge and I wasn't. I turned the fridge off at the mains and it stopped instantly. I thought it odd but fridges always make weird noises. Today I have gone to have cereal only to find the milk is warm so I'm guessing its dead. I didn't carry in investigating as I had to go to work.

Any ideas?

Ps yes I did turn it back on
    Its less than 18 month old and I think its a Hotpoint.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

Sounds like a compressor or gas issue to me.

Hi,
    I am not a refrigeration engineer but my good friend is and I recently had to call on him when I experienced something very similar.
    Bottom line is if its out of warranty, through it in the bin if its a buck standard fridge you have.
    The cost of re gassing, or even more expensive, replacing the compressor are not cheap. You can buy a new warranted fridge for not much more than the cost of a compressor alone and expect to pay at least 50 for a re gassing and you still have the problem of a leak somewhere which caused your refrigerant gas to be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by seanct View Post
    I noticed a funny notice coming for the fridge lady night. It sounded like something was rocking gently. I actually thought it was that so looked in the fridge and I wasn't. I turned the fridge off at the mains and it stopped instantly. I thought it odd but fridges always make weird noises. Today I have gone to have cereal only to find the milk is warm so I'm guessing its dead. I didn't carry in investigating as I had to go to work.

Any ideas?

Ps yes I did turn it back on
    Its less than 18 month old and I think its a Hotpoint.

Phone hotpoint service with all the details with the washing machines etc they have a 5 year warranty on parts and labour.
    ​if nothing else it is only a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Phone hotpoint service with all the details with the washing machines etc they have a 5 year warranty on parts and labour.
    ​if nothing else it is only a phone call.
    ​Cheers everyone. Ill give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by seanct View Post
    I noticed a funny notice coming for the fridge lady night.
    Are you sure it was milk you poured on your cereal?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Are you sure it was milk you poured on your cereal?
    Im aware proof reading helps. I had to write it before my boss saw lol. And now I've paid the price. Anyway Si less of the grief or I will do a write up on our last foxing session and let everyone know how many times YOU got out foxed. Lol.

Keith, (Sikadog) reefer engineer.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Keith, (Sikadog) reefer engineer.
    Nowt wrong we a joint or two as long as it doesn't interfere with his work .
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Nowt wrong we a joint or two as long as it doesn't interfere with his work .
    His nickname is "Doobie"

"It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox