AndrewT059

hello all,

just checking if anyone got any reviews on the Ase Utra North Star moderator, i got the Ase compact on me .243, just looking to get the over barrel style for a different rifle.

thanks Andrew

Andrew, I have just had an ASE NorthStar fitted to a .308 Win. It is early days to comment but what I can say is that the build quality is excellent, the noise reduction and muzzel brake effect seem perfectly acceptable (I've no scientific way to test this) and overall I am happy with it. Cost was £305 fitted. JC

i bought a north star when they first came out i personaly hate mods to cumber son and un balance the gun perhaps im to old to learn or accept change . Anyway my one is not as quite as a t8 i used to have i dont know why and it depend on the terrain you use it in as to the effect of it . My son has been on several ranges with it and says its as good as anything else on the market at the moment so you pay your money and take your chance as every body says there is the best its human nature i think muddy

I thinking of getting one of these myself for my 308. Gona see if i can get a good deal on one at the midland this weekend.

Have had a northstar for 6 months now. Very pleased with it, mine was around £200 , that was the old price, you may still find some old stock at that. It is allot smaller than a T8 , I would say slightly less efficient sound wise but only minimal. stainless should last for ever. no bad points to mention except a bit heavy (aren't they all?).
Has anyone got any ideas where I can get a neoprene or other type sleave for mine as am using a cut down T8 one that slips and is too chunky? (sorry to hijack!)

I paid £240 for my AES UTRA stainless mod fitted on my .243. It is reasonably heavy compared to some mods, but I quite like that as it reduces what little felt recoil and muzzle flip there is to virtually nothing.

Reduces noise nicely as well as being solid and well constructed.

Only had it for three months though, so not really field tested other than zeroing in and getting used to the new Howa I put it on.

SS

Jager Sporting arms do a new moderator the Ranger. Aircraft grade aluminium body, stainless steel baffles. Over barrel design, weighs 600gms and cost £175 made in Britain as well.

ATB

Tahr

After alot of research I went for a ASE ULTRA stainless steel in Feb before the roe buck season started. Having been on a range today and chatted to others who have bought different moderators I am happy that I made the right choice. Virtually no maintenance is required, it is lightweight, reduces re-coil to virtually nothing (albeit on a .243!) and seems far quieter than anything else around. A neoprene cover from bushwear deadens any noise from knocks whilst stalking in close country etc. If you haven't bought one yet I can heartily recommend one!

I bought a T8 really quiet can't fault it never had anything else but many people have commented on how good it is on range days, cost around 200 squids so very little difference in price.

Back