Thread: Ticks

Ticks

I had a roe buck this evening and it was covered in ticks,we could see about 2 dozen latched on and a couple trying to find there own spot,never seen one like that before,I was in 2 minds whether to bother gralloching it,I did do it with minimum contact,I haven't stopped itching since

The worst one I shot was a buck kid in early summer. It had around 200 plus on EACH inner thigh! Was very thin and in poor condition. Good eating though!

The ticks left you some then ,that's a lot of mouths to feed,if I see a couple more like that buck season will be closed,I don't want them bloody things latching on to me

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    The ticks left you some then ,that's a lot of mouths to feed,if I see a couple more like that buck season will be closed,I don't want them bloody things latching on to me
    Removed one from my own wrist just this morning... gralloched a roe buck on sunday night with circa 30 ticks in its thighs.
    Merda taurorum animas conturbit

Took half a dozen out of the dogs neck last night as I watched the news, then noticed three crawling on the back of my hand, little *******s ! Seems to be a lot about just now, but all small or larval ones. Had to deal with a tiny one on my seven year old sons ball bag at the weekend, tiny little bugger smaller than a pinhead, think its time I got a pair of reading glasses !

It's bad enough when you get a ked or 2 in you hair,you can feel them moving and buzzing,I went too bed one night and felt one moving,got up and used a flea comb to get it out,if that got into the wife hair she would go ballistic ,it never bothered me until a few months ago,had been unwell for quite a while and was tested for lymes,initial test showed I had it so bloods went for further testing which came back clear,apparently you can get a positive negative and vice versa,am awaiting an appointment from mineral clinic as doc thinks its fibromyalgia