Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wildcat mod

wildcat mod

iv just got my first wildcat mod and have no idea of how or what to use to clean it any advice would be great cheers

I use soapy warm water...and make sure to lube the orings. With moly.....

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    I use soapy warm water...and make sure to lube the orings. With moly.....
    Exactly what i do.

sorry to be thick!

whats moly??

Search the web for their site and then read the instructions on cleaning and care.

I strip all my mods and give them an hour in a Ultrasonic bath, they come out like new.
    Then a light grease.

Had a real job getting mine apart, front section came off no problem but the centre section with the bridge wouldn't budge off the rear tubes

I ended up using my brain, screwed it onto the rifle so the bridge section was locked and couldn't move then with my son holding the rifle I managed to unscrew the rear part!.

Good news is I've just received a set of compact tubes and a 5/8 UNEF bridge and it now fits on my AAC Handi Rifle as well as the Steyr so saved over 100 against buying a another moderator
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Had a real job getting mine apart, front section came off no problem but the centre section with the bridge wouldn't budge off the rear tubes

I ended up using my brain, screwed it onto the rifle so the bridge section was locked and couldn't move then with my son holding the rifle I managed to unscrew the rear part!.

Good news is I've just received a set of compact tubes and a 5/8 UNEF bridge and it now fits on my AAC Handi Rifle as well as the Steyr so saved over 100 against buying a another moderator
    Warm the mod up next time using a hairdryer (wifes) it will come apart alot easier.
    Last edited by .243Ady; 30-05-2013 at 21:31.

i use small amount of copper grease on the threads stops them seizing up after washing in soapy water